Chapter Twenty-One: Pinky Promise

After I fled from the Jones' house I went back to Derek's. I knew that he wouldn't bother trying to follow me, I had made it very clear that I was mad. I was still mad. Wren was the reason my life was put on hold, and I was very angry at him for it.

I took a seat in the living room an just sat there. I would give anything to remember what I've forgotten. All I wanted was to remember and go on with life, and I felt the way to remember was knowing what happened that night. I felt like if I could just get down to the reason that all of this happened then maybe I would be able to recollect my life. Nobody would tell me what happened though, and that was my biggest obstical.

"Danielle!" I hear Maria and Tori's voices.

"In here." I say just loud enough for them to hear.

"What's going on?" Maria asks me.

I didn't exactly know how to answer her so I decided to be straight forward. "What happened that night?" I ask her.

Maria sighs. "Danielle...."

"No, I need to know what happened." I beg.

"Danielle it's really complicated." Tori says. "It's better if you don't know right now."

"But if someone just told me....." I start, but am only cut off by Maria.

"It might not help anything." She says.

"But it might fix everything." I say. "We won't know unless we try."

"It's hard for us to talk about, let alone think about." Tori says. "For everyone's sake, we just need you to wait until Derek is ready to tell you."

"But I am ready to know!" I yell in frustration. That's when I started to cry.

"No, you aren't." Maria whispers as she hugs me in an effort to comfort me. "You have no idea."

---------------------------------------------

After three hours of talking with Maria and Tori I finally felt tired. "I'm going to go to bed." I say getting up from my chair.

"Okay, I should probably be getting back home anyways." Tori says and hugs me goodbye before she turns for the door.

"Good night." Maria says and hugs me as well. "See you in the morning."

"Night." I respond before walking upstairs. I quickly change into some pajamas then lay in bed. My mind was still reeling. I kept thinking of Wren, even though I didn't want to.

I was practically asleep when I heard someone open my door. They didn't say anything, instead they walked around to the opposite side of the bed that I was on. I turned around to look at them once I felt their weight sink onto my mattress.

"Derek." I say quietly as I register his face.

"You okay?" He asks.

"I'm sorry." I answer him. I felt truly bad for what I did. Maria and Tori had convinced me that I wasn't ready to hear what happened that night. They told me that Derek was depressed over what happened, and that the only reason he's still sane is because I still had the same bond with him. It almost killed me to hear that. I had no clue he was having such a hard time with it.

"Don't be." Derek says and moves some hair out of my eyes.

"But I am. I'm sorry that I keep bringing it up." I say to him. I can see the sadness flood into his eyes once I mention that night.

"It's okay." He says quietly. That's how I knew he was crying, or at least almost crying.

"Sleep with me?" I ask him. I knew this would make him a little happier.