Chapter Sixteen: Luke

"Danielle! Wren's here!" I here Derek's voice boom from the bottom of the stairs.

As much as I wanted to deny it, I was nervous. I knew Wren was too. I had spent the last hour getting ready. After we had uploaded pictures Maria dragged me upstairs. Honestly, I don't know what'd I do without her. She helped with the nerves.

She did my makeup for me, not too intense, but not too subtle. "I know Wren, he likes simple." She had said. That relieved me a bit. Knowing that I don't have to try too hard for him was nice. Relaxing in a sense. I don't know what it was about him that made me so nervous. Maybe it was just that I really like him. I like him in a way unlike Luke or Damon. But I couldn't exactly figure out why that was.

Maria chose my outfit, a pair of leather skinny pants and a loose fitting tribal print shirt. It worked well. It didn't look like I was trying too hard, but yet it showed that I cared. Maria was really good with making statments. Whether it was through clothes or actions, she knew exactly what to do.

"Come on!" Maria says excitedly and pulls my arm towards the stairs. I walked down the stairs with her by my side. I could hear the voices of the Jones' from downstairs. That's when I remembered that they were going to hang out at the house during the date.

"Hey." Wren says nervously as I reach the front door. "Hey!" I answer cheerfully. I look to my right and catch a glimpse of Tori, who gives me a wink. I bite my lip to hide the smile that is threatening to show. "So have her back by 11." Derek says and gives me a look. It was a look that told me to be careful. He was worried, like really worried. I don't blame him, last time I went on a date it all went wrong.

"Of course." Wren gives Derek a nod. "Let's go." He reaches his hand out and I gladly take it.

"So." Wren says once the car pulls out of the driveway. "I hope you're hungry."

"Ugh, I'm starving!" Wren laughs at me.

"Good, Derek told me that you've been talking about eating at Butné."

"No way! We're eating at Butné! But isn't it expensive?"

"Hey, don't worry about that, really."

"Thank you, Wren, that's really sweet of you."

"No problem." He just shruggs. I lean in and kiss him on the cheek to show him my gratitude. I watch as a scarlet red color fills his cheek. I just laugh at him. I think it's cute.

"Uh, we're here!" Wren says in an effort to divert my attention away from his blushing. It worked.

"Yes!" Wren laughs at me. "I love how your not one of those girls who acts different in front of boys. Your not afraid to be yourself. To eat, or be excited about food."

"I love food too much to pretend not to like it."

"Good." Wren says as he laughs again at me. Once we pull up to the doors Wren jumps out. He walks around the car and opens my door for me. Like a real gentlemen.

"Thanks." I say as he takes my hand.

"Anytime."

We walk into the resteraunt and a young man greets us. "Hello, your reservations?"

"Jones." Wren replys. The man types some stuff at the computer. "Come with me."

We follow him to a small two person table towards the back of the resteraunt. Perfectly placed so we wouldn't be noticed. Wren pulls my chair out for me.

"For you." He motions towards the chair. I take a set and he pushes me into the table. He then took his seat across from me.

"What can I get you to drink." A waiter politely says as he approaches us. "Just a water, please." I say kindly. The waiter the turns his attention towards Wren. "Water." He says simply but in a kind voice. "I'll be right out with those."

I look around the resteraunt for a moment. It was very formal. Champagne, long dresses, the whole deal. The kind of resteraunt you would catch celebrities at. Which probably made it easy for paps.

"You look beautiful." Wren compliments me.

"You don't look too bad yourself."

"I try." I laugh when he says this. "So you an Tori have become pretty close." He says more like a statment but in a questioning tone.

"Yeah, I guess. Why?"

"No reason, she could use a friend right now."

"Can I ask why?" I say cautiously.

"There's just some girls who aren't being the nicest." He says with a look of pain in his eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry..."

"Don't apologize." He laughs. "But thank you for being a friend to her."

"You don't have to thank me, really."

"But I want too." He cuts me off.

I give him a smile. Then I turn my attention to the window next to us. It was dark already. You couldn't see the stars though. In the city they didn't show. But back at home in Minnesota they shined so bright. I missed home, but being here was so amazing.

As I looked out the window I thought about home. My friends. My family. Then I saw something that made my jaw drop. Tears threatened to fall and my hands started to shake.

"Danielle? Danielle, what's wrong?" Wren asked me sounding scared.

I didn't dare look at him, knowing if I did I would breakdown. I just stared out the window at the sight I saw.

"Danielle, please, you're scaring me." Wren begged.

My mouth wouldn't move. I couldn't form words, but I had to. I had to let Wren know, let him help.

"It's..."

"It's what? Please." Wren pleads.

I managed to form the words. I was quiet, I almost thought he didn't hear me. But he did. My voice was quavering, letting him know that I was crying.

"Luke."