Chapter Twenty-Three: Gone

"Why is it so cold?" Derek asks in a annoyed tone.

"Because we're in Minnesota." I answer him. He gives me a playful shove.

"No duh." He says with a stupid look on his face.

Everyone was sitting in the living room with the fireplace on. Even though I found the temperature to be warm Derek, Jason,and Maria didn't. They were all bundled up. I sent them weird looks.

"We're not used to this weather." Maria says in defense.

"Okay, okay." I say putting my hands up. I earn a laugh from everyone.

I catch my mom looking at me sadly. "I'm going to miss you." She says.

My two days were already up, which meant I had to get back for work. Great.

I mean I didn't mind work. In fact I absolutely loved it, but I could tell it was causing emotional stress on my parents and even my sisters. I hated seeing them upset.

"I'll miss you too." I say hoping my emotions weren't heard in my voice. Then I turned my attention to Derek before this sappy scene could go on any longer. "What do I have for tomorrow?" I ask.

"Promos." He answers. I look at him odly since I didn't know what he meant. "For your album." He adds.

"Oh." I say and nod my head dramatically.

"You'll just be making some fun videos. Then we'll put them up for your fans to see." He says.

I smile knowing that my fans would go crazy over the videos. Even here on my little break they're all over.

Belle and I went to the store by my house yesterday to pick up some things my mom needed to make dinner. Somehow, after moments of being in the store, my fans knew where I was. The store was surrounded within minutes, even by people who didn't live in my town. It was really surreal to see.

"Well." My father says. "I'm off to bed, it's late"

"I'll join." My mother says and follows my father upstairs.

Next thing I know Derek and Maria say there goodnights along with Jason. Only my sisters and I were left.

"Now that there gone." Jane says looking at me. " I wanna ask you something."

"Okay." I say.

"What's going in between you and Wren?" She asks. " I mean I heard Derek saying something about you walking out on dinner."

I sigh before I begin to explain. "I sorta blamed Wren for all of this." I say and bow my head in shame.

"What!?" Belle asks. "Danielle, did anyone tell you that Wren is a having a really hard time dealing with what happened?"

"They did afterwards." I say.

"Maybe you should talk to Wren again." Jane suggests. "He blames himself for what happened and everyone is already worried about him. I doubt Will and Jackie are even letting him out of their sight now." She says.

"What? Why?" I ask in confusion.

Jane looks to Belle as if asking her if she should tell me. Belle gives her a silent nod and then Jane turns back to me.

"I didn't tell you this okay." She says.

I just nod my head.

"After what happened Wren became....depressed." She trails off a little. "He really does blame himself even though it's not his fault. Anyways one night, after that night, he came home completely wasted. He started to talk all crazy....."