Chapter Nineteen: The Night

"Danielle wake up." Derek says as he lightly wiggled me.

"Okay." I mumbled groggily then sit up. I was really tired. Last night everyone stayed up to tell me things. Things about me and my family, about Derek and my career. I was shocked to learn a lot of these things. I was really hoping they would trigger a memory but nothing did.

"You have an interview today." Derek said taking a seat at the edge of my bed. "George Lopez, but if you're not up for it..."

"No, I'm sure my fans would think its hilarious to see me in this state. Sounds fun." I cut him off.

"You sure, because he's going to ask you some things you won't know the answer to. It might be really overwhelming." Derek noted.

"I'm sure, now how do we go about this?"

"Just get up and shower. I'll have Maria come upstairs to do your hair and pick out an outfit. We won't use Ryan for this one."

"Ryan?" I asked confused.

"Our stylist." Derek said plainly. I just nodded my head then he started for the door. "Oh." Derek stopped an turned around. "After the interview the Jones' are going to come over to see you."

"That's that family that were friends with? The one with the boy I went on a date with?" I asked. Derek had explained to me last night that I met the Jones' at my first interview. He told me that I was friends with the daughter Tori and had a thing for the son Wren. He had told me that Wren and I had gone on a date but that's about it.

"Yeah." Derek said awkwardly then left. Weird I thought. I just ignored it though and got into the shower.

"Ready for some makeup?" Maria asks as I step out of the shower.

"I guess so." I say and wrap a robe around me.

"Trust me I've seen you naked before." Maria says and laughs. She must have noticed my awkwardness.

"Okay." Is all I could think of saying.

Maria puts on my makeup. She puts on a light blush but gives me dramatic eyes. Nothing too dark though. Then she puts some weird product in my hair.

"What's that?" I ask.

"It just gives your hair more volume." She answers then tussles my hair some more. "Okay, now on to the outfit." She huffs.

I take a seat on the edge of my bed as she rummages through my clothes looking for something that'll work.

"Do you know what happened that night?" I ask her suddenly. I didn't even know that that was going to come out but I didn't take it back. I might as well take a chance and see if she'd tell me.

"Um." She says as she exits the closet holding some clothes. "Yeah." She says and hands me the clothes. I start putting them on.

"Tell me... Please." I say desperately as I finish putting on the outfit that Maria chose.

"Danielle." Maria sighs and sits next to me. "I know that it must be really difficult living without knowing what happened. But we've all agreed that Derek would tell you when he thought you were ready. I'm sorry but I can't." She apologizes sincerely.

"Okay." I sigh. "I understand."

"I'm sorry." Maria say again.

"No, don't be. I'll be told when I'm ready." I assure myself more than her, but I knew the question would slip out again.

Maria sends me a sad smile. "Let's go downstairs. You have to leave soon."

I follow her downstairs where everyone is waiting by the front door.