Chapter Twenty-Two: Huge

"Danielle." I hear a distant voice. "Danielle it's time to go."

I open my eyes to see Derek looking down at me. By how dark it was in the room I could tell it was really early.

"What?" I question.

"We need to catch our flight." He says and lifts me up and carries me to the closet. That's when I remembered where we were going.

"Minnesota." I say groggily.

"Yeah now get changed." Derek orders and drops me off at the door. I walk inside the closet and throw on a pair is skinny jeans and a nice comfy sweater. "You ready?" Derek asks me as I walk out.

I nod my head in response and we make our way downstairs where Jason and Maria are waiting. "You excited to go back home?" Jason asks.

"Yeah." I answer honestly.

Last night after my meet and greet we all decided it would be good for me to be at home. Nobody wanted to see me leave so Derek, Maria, and Jason all decided to come with. "It's a vacation!" Jason said excitedly when it was decided they were coming with.

We all walked out to a large car in the drive way. Derek and Jason must of already loaded up the bags because nobody had anything with them. "Did you get my bag?" I ask Derek.

"Yup." He says as he takes a spot next to me in the backseat of the car. He glances down at me and squeezes me assuringly.

---------------------------------------------

Flight 204 to Minneapolis has landed

I hear a voice say throughout the plane. I look over to see Derek siting next to me. "And now a 5 hour car ride." He says mocking the ladies voice. I giggle at this. "Why do you have to live so far north?" He questions me.

"What? Your the Canadian." I point out. He tries to comeback with something but he doesn't come up with anything.

"Whatever." He finally decides on.

"That was weak." I say an he gives me a playful punch in the shoulder.

We board off of the plane and make our way outside where our car is waiting. "This one." Jason says as he points to a large black range rover. We all walk over to it and throw our bags in the back, then climb in.

"And so we start the journey." Jason says and we all laugh.

"So what's this small town like?" Maria questions.

"It's really not all that small." I start to say but get cut off.

"Danielle, the population is like 10,000. That's a village." Derek says and everyone laugh.

"13,324." I say.

"What?" He questions.

"The population is actually 13,324." I repeat.

Everyone stays quiet before bursting into laughter.

"Like I said, a village." Derek says through his laughs. Then he stops and looks at me seriously. "How did you know the population?" He asks with hope in his voice.

"I don't know. I guess I just knew it." I answer.

Derek gives me te buggest smile ever along with a hug. "Good." He says quietly.

-5 hours later-

"

"That was the worst car ride ever." Maria complains. "Seriously five hours!"

"We should of taken a plane." Derek says.

"I don't think we have an airport." I say.

Derek giggles and nudges me. "I was just kidding. This village obviously doesn't have an airport." He says.

"Would you stop calling it a village?" I say frustrated.

"I'm just calling it what it is." Derek says.

"Okay you two, knock it off we're here." Jason says. I look out the window as Jason pulls into a driveway. I was excited to see my house for the first time. As the trees lining the driveway became less thick I was able to see a house. It was nothing like Derek's, it was much smaller, but it looked very homey. There was a beautiful garden in the front and the landscaping was done perfectly.

"I didn't know your mother gardened." Jason says.

"I didn't either." I point out. Jason smiles a little.

We all pile out of the at and my sisters and parents come running out.

"Danielle!" My parents yell and engulf me in a hug. "How are you sweetie?" My mother asks.

"Mom, you ask me this everyday on the phone and the answers always the same, I'm fine." I say and she just smiles. "I just worry, your father does to." She says.

"I do not!" My dad defends himself. He then helps with helping Jason and Derek carry in the bags.

"She's lost her memory, but not her accent." Belle says referring to me.

Jane laughs at her then hugs me. "She still smells like pine trees too!" She yells at Belle. Belle laughs and they lead me inside.

"Okay so since you don't remember we'll give you a tour of the house." Jane says.

"That's so sweet!" I say in awe.

"So this is the living room, that's the kitchen, upstairs are the rooms, and the basement is big." Jane says then plops on a chair.

"Gee thanks for the tour." I glare at her.

"Anytime sis!" She says even though I knew she didn't mean it.

My parents then come up behind me with Derek, Jason, and Maria following. "We're so happy you're home." My mom says.

"I'm happy I'm home too." I answer.

"Good." She says.

"So how long until Danielle's has got to go back for work?" My father asks.

"Two days." Jason answers.

The mood in the room shifts and you can tell my parents were hoping for more time than that with me.

"Why don't I show you guys to your rooms?" My father asks Maria, Jason, and Derek.

They all politely accept and I watch as they carry their bags up the stairs and dissapear down te hall.

"Where's my room?" I ask.

"Upstairs, I already said that." Jane says in a duh tone.

"Oh yeah, in the very detailed house tour you have me." I say in an annoyed tone.

Jane gives me a glare before answering my initial question. "First door on the right."

"Thank you." I say and carry my bag upstairs. I navigate my way to the door that I assume is mine based on Janes directions. When I open the door I break into smile at what I see. Derek. I see Derek everywhere.

I was sitting in my room with the radio on. "Turn it down!" I hear Jane yell from her bedroom. I just ignore her and continue to listen. I sang along to the last words of the song that was playing. Then I waited to see what song was going to be next. My ears listened closely as the music began to play. I didn't recognize the music, but the voice had me hypnotized. The lyrics had taken over my thought process and they were the only things I was able to think about. I didn't want it to end, and when it did I felt disappointment rise in me.

The radio announcers voice came over the speakers and I listened in hopes he would answer my question to who the voice was. "And that was Derek Johnson's number one hit "Love Me Forever.""

"Well hello." I hear Derek say from behind me. He's staring at the walks of my bedroom.

"I was a fan?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Huge." He says with adoring eyes. "Huge."