Chapter Thirty: More Than Ever

"Yeah but he's super nice and super sweet!" Tori gushes to me about a boy she's been seeing.

"How long have you known him?" I ask and she smiles.

"Like a month or so." She says then goes on gushing about him. "We've only been on like three dates but I really like him. Why can't he just ask me to be his girlfriend already?" She groans and I giggle.

"Hey at least the boy your into is up for a relationship." I say and she smiles and laughs a little.

"Okay, that was a good one." She says. "Do you think that you and Wren will actually be something?" She asks cautiously.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well honestly I think Wren is afraid to be with you." She says and catches me off guard.

"Why?" I ask confused.

She gulps like she shouldn't say what she's about to say. "Well ever since that night he's just blamed himself so much. I think that he doesn't think he can take care of you or keep you safe. I think he's afraid that he'll hurt you again." She says.

I stay silent for a while and take it all in. "How has he been lately?" I ask.

"Better." Tori answers "I think that spending time with you helps, but I just wish he'd completely open up to you." She says.

"Completely open up?" I question.

"Like tell you everything, why he blames himself what he's afraid of all that. That can't happen without you knowing what happened that night though." She says and I mentally groan.

You don't even know what really happened that night. I say to myself.

"What should I do about it then?" I ask her for advice.

"I think you should sit down and talk to him again, let him know that you want to know what's going in with him. Tell him you want to know everything. And hopefully he'll open up." She says. "Plus maybe it'll help him move through this depression, then my parents wouldn't be so worried."

"Where is he?" I ask curiously. "He's at the studio, the same one you record at." She answers.

"I don't know where I record I've never been there." I tell her.

She laughs a little. "Maria knows I'm sure she'd be willingly to bring you." Tori says and I smile.

"Good idea." I say and we make our way downstairs. "Thanks." I say as I hug her.

She smiles. "Anytime, now go get Wren." She says and practically pushes me out of the house.

I walk back to Derek's house.

"Hey." Derek says once I walk in. I give him a nod of the head before walking into the kitchen were I'm assuming Maria is.

"Your back." She says and hugs me.

"Yeah, can I ask you of a favor?" I ask and she looks at me.

"Of course anything." She says.

"Will you bring me to the studio to talk to Wren?" I ask. I hear Derek shuffle into the kitchen and I wait for some comment about how it's not a good idea. It doesn't come.

"Is something wrong?" She asks me.

"No, everything's fine. I just need to talk to him." I say and she nods.

"Of course I will." She says and grabs her keys. "Let's go."

As we walk out if the house I catch Derek's sad look. I just brush it off and ignore it.