falling

"How many humans does it take to change a light bulb?" You asked yourself as you looked annoyed at the blinking light over head. Both sans and papyrus were out at work and you were left alone.

"One" you said getting up and grabbing an extra lightbulb from the kitchen drawer or at least you would have if there was any in there. You paused looking around, where did they keep the extras? You had been living with the two brother for about 6 months and you hadn't run into an obstacle like this. You placed a hand under your chin "if i was papyrus where would i put a light bulb?" You snapped your fingers and grabbed a chair, you looked on top of the fridge and there was a light bulb. Of course it would be at the highest place.

You looked at the table, and  placed your hands on it, okay okay i got this you said pulling yourself on top of it. You steadied yourself and reached up to pull the broken one out. You sighed, even on  the table you had to tippy toes to unscrew the thing. You took it out and tippy toed to place the other one, you cursed as you couldn't screw it in. You reached as far as possible not realizing that you were at the edge of the table.

Sans got home opening the back door and smiling looking around the kitchen for their house guest. "____, im home, do you want to...____" he paused as right then you the table toppled to the side and you were going to smash to  the floor.

You felt a familiar sensation all over your body and you felt yourself be lifted and gently placed on your feet. You looked at the table that now lay with its legs up and then over to sans who still had his hand held out, blue leaking from his eye, sweat dripping down his skull.

"Geez _______, are you falling for me?" Sans asked after a few moments of silence, he seemed to be trying to play off what had happened.  You rubbed the back of your head and laughed uh...thanks sans you said a blush crawling up your neck. He nodded "what were you doing?" He asked.

You pointed to the light bulb and as you did you saw red dripping down your hand. You and sans looked surprised at it. Sans went to say something but then the front door opened.

﹏﹏﹏█﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏█﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

SANS! HUMAN FRIEND, I HAVE RETURNED HOME!

both you and sans eyes darted to papyrus who was looking at the living room and then at you.

HUMAN! YOU ARE... LEAKING! SANS? WHAT IS GOING ON?

sans shook his head "_____, needs some bandages"

You looked at your hand, you had gripped then light bulb and ended up getting glass on your hands.

HUMAN! DO NOT WORRY! I WILL FETCH SOME BANDAGES FROM UNDYNE!

"Bro i have...and he's gone"sans shook his head a smile on his face as he offered you a hand. "Sans it isn't that bad really, just a small cut!"you said picking a few shards of glass from your palm. You took his hand a felt another rush of energy and you swore he kept his hand in yours for a few seconds longer than necessary but you could be imaging it.

"Heh, do you think papyrus is gonna think that?"

You shook your head paps was too caring for his own good. "Its not that bad but i will leave it til paps comes back"

Sans looked at you from the side then he smiled "thanks"

"Sans? Can i ask you something? "

"You already did" he said winking.

You laughed pushing him slightly, "I'm being serious"

"Sans- erious?

You laughed "wow that's a stretch"

He pointed to the table "that was a stretch too"

You blushed at his words "oh god! Look at the mess i made! " you said quickly picking up the table and beginning to pick up the broken glass. You were surprised at your hands on their own moved away from the glass, they were covered in a blue hue. "You have flesh remember?  You're gonna cut yourself, but dont worry i will give you a hand"

You giggled as sans picked up the glass quickly and threw it away. "Wow sans,  i didnt think you would actually clean"

He grinned "i have my sans-sational moments"

You nodded and then you said "sans.. did you use your powers to help me,  when i play fought paps?"

Sans paused and looked at you "um nope!"

You brought up and eye brow "oh? You didn't help to let me jump those bones and survive the falls back down?"

Sans shrugged turning "i have no idea what you are talking about"

You smiled and leaned down to his level " are you telling a white lie sans?"

You saw him physically stiffen as your breath went across his neck bone.  You laughed well i have a good idea. You jumped onto the stairs and  said " sans! Catch me or dont and i will believe you, k? You said with a wink. He turned sharply as you tossed yourself off the railing and you closed your eyes and felt the sensation or shall you say sans-sation of being floated down. You oped one eye to see sans blue magic carefully putting you down.

Sans dropped to his knees sweat falling down his skull "are...are you crazy?"
He asked taking in deep breaths despite his lack of lungs.

You crawled over to him "no, i think, i am falling for you sans"you whispered before placing a kiss to his skull. His cheeks turned a bright blue and he struggled to find words.

I HAVE THE BANDAGES! HUMAN PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR HAND!

you were up quickly and handed your hand to  papyrus who began to bandage it. He looked at sans who was face first in the carpet hiding the deep blush on his face.

SANS! WHY ARE YOU ON THE FLOOR?

you looked at papyrus "paps i think he is bone  tired".

Sans snorted into the ground

________!

Bonus:

Later that night after papyrus kept you close to make sure you one, didn't open your wounds ( your small cut) and two, to not let sans influence you anymore.  You assured papyrus that he was your best friend and he finally agreed to go to bed after his nightly bedtime story of course.

You were busy drinking some tea and sitting at the table when sans suddenly appeared in front of you. You raised a brow and put down your cup of tea "sans?- he pressed a kiss to your lips. You were stunned and he pulled away "pay back" he said before sticking  a dark blue tongue at you which also surprised you. "Where did you get that?"

"At the tongue store"