lets cook

"Can you show me how to do that?"

"Sure but you gotta listen to me okay?"

"Okay!"

"Cus tomorrow is moms birthday, so we gotta surprise her"

"Yes!"

"Ahhh no wait that's an egg, you cant hold it like that!"

You placed the egg gently in his little hand. "Hold it like this, okay or it will break"

He nodded "okay!" You laughed grabbing some cake batter. "Chocolate or vanilla?"

"Chocolate!! And vanilla"

"I like your idea frisk"

You turned to pull out a pan and bowl. "Which comes first..frisk?" He had been right behind you and now he was gone.

"Frisk?"

There was smoke, and you were coughing "frisk?! Mom?! " you frantically searched for them. A loud bang made you look up, the fire had spread and a beam was coming your way. You closed your eyes as it made contact with your body.

You awoke sweating

"Damn it..had been awhile since i had a dream like that" you said getting up and drinking some water to soothe your sore throat.

It was always something to that effect, fire, robber, accidents, all of them. In reality, a car accident was what really happened. It was so quick, one moment they were there and the next, they weren't.

You remember the day, you remember the call like it had only happened seconds ago. The feeling of rushing to the hospital ,to speak to your mother for the last time, not being able to tell frisk good bye or talk to either of them ever again.

She had said "to never give up and to do what made you happy"

You blamed the world at first, you hated everything and you wished you had gone with them that day, that you had died with them that day. In a way you had died, a piece of you died and you felt it every day.

A drunk driver they said, was going the wrong way, he didn't see them coming. You were angry, he hadn't seen them coming, but he was still alive.

You sighed bringing up your phone. There was already messages from your job.

You owned a restaurant, it had been your mothers, one day you had hoped to pass it to frisk.

You threw yourself into making the restaurant a 5 start establishment, it had been your mothers dream to see it like that, you hoped she could see it from where ever her and frisk were at.

You looked over to your dresser, the picture on top was of your moms birthday, you three had taken a picture together, it was one of your last memories together. You felt tears prick your eyes, your phone rang breaking the silence.

You fiercely wiped the tears and reached over to flip the picture down, hitting the talk button on your phone at the same time.

"Speak to me"

"Boss! There is a small problem over here!"

"What?"

"The food supply truck, they forgot a few boxes and they aren't answering! We cant hit rush hour like this!"

"For heavens sake, i will be down there in 5...er...actually I'm going to hit the farmers market, get ahold of those bastards and fire them okay?"

"Got it boss"

"Jen, call me _____.

"Okay, _____!"

you sighed, one day off from work and everything breaks. Should have known better you scolded yourself.