oh, hey boss

so..I couldn't think of a title..

So..yea

And

You shivered slightly and sneezed into your sleeve, looking up at the white sky threatening to cause havoc soon.

You quickly tossed the trash away and waked back inside enjoying the warmth. You see your coworker finishing up cleaning his station. he looks up and gives you a smile to which you return.

"Hey, (y/n) you closing tonight? "

You nod your head and walk over to him as he leans against the counter.

"Yeah, like usual"

He gives you a concerned look, as he runs his hand over his brow. "There's suppose to be blizzard like weather over here tonight, are you sure you'll be okay?"

You smile, you couldn't help but appreciate that he was worried about you."don't worry, I've driven through worse and besides if i feel like i cant make it, i will just stay here tonight" you shrug and reach to tie your hair back.

"Well i guess but maybe you should just consider going home, you know the boss wouldn't want you getting yourself in danger" he said as he followed you to the front of the restaurant.

"Yeah but you know grillby, he is a big ol' softie" you said looking around the nearly empty place. There only a few stragglers left but you knew they would start to leave soon. This also included the usual short skeleton, sans, who you had become rather good friends with over the course of the two years you have been working at grillbys. Usually he had some kind of joke to tell you, or something witty to say and you couldn't say you didn't enjoy it because you did enjoy it.

"Well my shift is over, so I'm heading home, just be careful out there, okay?" You nodded but felt surprised as he suddenly gave you a hug. You awkwardly patted his back and he pulled away giving you a bright smile. You gave a small wave at him but felt like someone was watching you.

You turned to scan the restaurant and caught a slight glimpse of sans moving his head back around, you swore you caught a slight hallow look where his eye lights once were. Though it was so fast, that you weren't sure.

You decided to go say hi to him before he left. You pulled a few drinks from a few tables and made your way to the bar. You looked at sans who was watching his food, intensely.

You grinned leaning against the bar and this caught his attention, he looked up and there was a slight sad look on his face.

Your expression softened and you leaned forward "hey, you okay?" You say softly as in to keep the conversation to yourselves.

As quickly as the look came it also left, leaving a casual smile across his face, as he lifted his eyes to your own.

"Nothings wrong, kiddo"

You felt your face flush from anger, and you couldn't fight the slight pout that filled your lips. He knew you hated that nickname, it made you feel like a child though he was only a couple years older than you.

You placed hands on your hips "i don't know who you're calling kiddo, if anything you're the kid here, being so short and all"

You loved the slightly shocked look that filled his face whenever you used his height against him, and the way blue dusted his cheeks. He lifted his eyes to the side, a smirk making your own cheeks come to life.

"I'm big where it counts though"

You could have died right there but you ended up laughing until you had to put down the drinks so that you wouldn't drop them. It was half embarrassment and half that you hadn't expected such a dirty joke from the jokester. His jokes were never even slightly dirty but you guessed he was more comfortable with you.