Chapter 5

A Thug's Love Never Dies: Chapter 5

~A Few Days Later~
~Arlie P.O.V.~

"You're up late." I said to Nicole as she came into my room rubbing her eyes with a mess of dark tight curls on her head. "You were really sleeping that good, huh?" She nodded crawling up onto my bed, snuggling up next to my side. "I mean you must not have been disturbed one bit- type of good sleep."

"It was a really good sleep but I'm hungry. Can you make breakfast?" She asked bringing her blue eyes up to mine, resting her chin up against the side of my chest.

"You slept through breakfast, it's a little after noon, you need lunch but yeah I'll make you something if you get yourself dressed, deal?" She nodded her head and lazily pulled herself off me, taking her sweet time to crawl across the bed and eventually hop off.

Taking myself down the stairs, I had my phone in my pocket blasting some music to keep me entertained while I figure out what to make her for lunch. Throw back to "Still Dre" but I was vibing with it, made me wish more music was like this and not this mainstream shit- maybe I'm just hatin' too much without really exploring other artists.

Opening the both fridge and freezer doors, I began to look around for what she might like to eat. I'm leaning towards making her a chicken quesadilla. It's something simple and she'll like it since it's not spicy, could make her some rice to go with it and some kind of fruit. I've been at this for years and still don't know what to feed her- my phone vibrated in my pocket and I had a terrible feeling it was Varo already wanting to get me involved in his shit.

"And I was wrong." I groaned when I saw the last four numbers to the unsaved number. "Fuckin' Heather, God dammit." She had sent a message asking if it was a good time to call so I just called her instead of sending back a message. Just get this over with so I can feed my kid and then head to the trap.

"Oh. I wasn't expecting you to call-"

"Well I did, so what do you want?" Pulling out the strips of chicken, cheese and then closing the fridge. I had the phone pressed between my shoulder and ear. Setting everything down on the counter, I grabbed the bag of tortillas next and put them out on the griddle to warm them up while I get the chicken cut up into smaller pieces.

"I want to meet up with you so we can talk about what happened last time-"

"There ain't shit to talk about regarding last time. Our kid had an appointment and you chose to go smoke with Joey- no surprise it was his ass because for whatever reason you like to play games on the side with him when you're with me." I snapped back at her.

"Arlie let me explain."

"What is there to explain? It's the same shit with you and I'm not gonna deal with it again. Fuck you and get yourself together before you try hittin' up my line-"

"I want to get myself together but I need help. That's why I'm talking to you now because I know what I did was wrong and I know it's terrible for Nicole that I'm not there as her mother. I want to change all that so I can be a better Mother- so we can be a better family but at that time I didn't realize that was what I needed. I've had time on my own and this lifestyle isn't what I want anymore." She said in a sincere tone, both of us falling silent on the line.

"Hello?... Arlie?" Looking up from the cutting board, there came Nicole in a red dress and flip flops, smiling up at me and taking a seat at the table. "Arlie? You there?"

"Yeah I'm here. Fine, you can come by the house whenever, just let me know when you're on the way and we can talk over some things. I gotta go though."