Chapter 1

"Muuuum , I'm so fat !" I whined for the hundredth time.

"Oh shut up Alex ! We all know it's not true," mum said hysterically. "Now hurry up and get ready , you only have thirty minutes."

I have been standing in front of my closet for more than half an hour , and I can't find anything to wear. I guess that's one among the various problems I encounter daily , being a typical teenage girl.
Today , my family and I are invited to Mr. Jason's place for dinner.

Mr. Jason is my father's friend since college and they have kept in touch ever since , so we are often invited to have dinner with them.

Mr. Jason has two sons : Shawn and Tyler. He also has a little girl named Clara , who is incredibly cute. The Brewer family does not live too far from us , and for me , they are more than my own relatives.

At times , you better hang out with friends than family members.

"Samantha , can you lend me your nail polish , please ," I asked my nine-year old younger sister.

"It's with you already , Alex !" She replied while applying her mascara with delicacy. Despite her age , that little girl wears much more makeup than I do.

So , I have finally made up my mind to wear black today. I'm wearing a long laced dress , reaching my ankle , with full sleeves ; yeah , I like being decent. After all , I just love black , it's my happy colour.

We left home at about six in the evening and mom complained again about my outfit , saying that she was tired of seeing me always in black. But guess what , I really don't care !

"Maybe it's her boyfriend's favorite colour ," Ashton teased and winked at me.

"Oh yeah , who knows ," dad smirked and wiggled his eyebrows , if that's even possible.

"Ash , just shut up already ! Everyone knows I'm dating Nutella ," I uttered lamely with gestures of my hands.
Actually , I can't figure out which is better : Nutella or Oreos. Both are real bæs !

Ashton is my elder brother , aged nineteen , and is annoying as hell ! So basically , I have two siblings : the little Samantha and Ashton. To be honest , these two are just enough to spoil my mood every single time.

We reached the Brewers' place within fifteen minutes and frankly speaking , I was starving.

"Hey there !" Tyler exclaimed and hugged me from behind. I just hugged him back and greeted everyone present there.

Mr. Jason and his wife , Natalie Brewer , have two sons , who are incredibly adorable. Oh gosh , scratch that part !

Tyler is seventeen while his elder brother , Shawn is nineteen. Shawn and Ashton go to the same university and are of course , inseparable ! These two hang out almost every single day.
And as for Tyler , we go to the same school and he is my childhood friend , as well as my partner in crime. I have basically known this boy since I was a toddler.

Clara is the younger sister of Tyler and Shawn. She is only ten and she is the best friend of Samantha.

Therefore , when my family and I go to the Brewers' place , we are never bored or left out.

"It's been a while ," muttered Natalie from the kitchen.

"We have been really busy with the bakery and all. I'm grateful we are finally done with it. Aaron and I have already employed some workers in it , and it's working pretty well ," my mum explained.

For the past few months , my parents have been really busy with the opening of a new bakery in town. Mom always dreamt of having her very own bakery , and much to her satisfaction , her dream has come true.