Chapter 9

It has already been two damned weeks since they went abroad. Two weeks since I lost those wonderful people , not literally but you get what I mean.

Tyler and I used to communicate like thrice a week via social medias. We could not do it any more often since we were both busy with school and stuffs. Anyway , I'm still grateful he can at least make it up to talk to me like three times per week.

Much to my satisfaction , the Brewers' family are going to visit us during the easter holidays , which is like in four months' time. Oh god , that's huge. I mean , the couple of weeks that I have spent without them was so boring and exhausting , how am I even going to be able to spend four months now ? That's way too much.

Yesterday , Samantha went to the clinic again since she had to meet her doctor. Her medicines have been multiplied because the latter's health condition is deteriorating. The doctor said that Sam should be operated in order to reduce the various impacts of her disease , although she will not be completely in good health. However , my parents cannot afford to pay for my little sister's operation and thus , the poor kid has to struggle with her cancer by taking in her several prescribed medicines.

So it was a Friday and I just could not wait for the week-end ! You must surely be wondering about my sudden excitement , well it's mainly because Ashton's going to bring Amber home this Saturday. Ever since she landed in the country three weeks ago , I have not met her even a single time. My brother said that he was not ready yet. To be honest , I don't think that there's anything to be ready about.

It was currently six in the morning and I have just woken up from my seven hour of sleep. I did not feel like going to school because I had like a sore throat since the previous night and it was so goddamn irritating that I could barely talk.

Nevertheless , I had my Biology assessment that Friday and I would not miss it for anything. Probably , it will be added to my total marks at the end of this semester and I obviously did not want to pass with low grades.

I made my way towards my bathroom and washed my face in order to feel more awake. I then brushed my teeth and took a quick bath afterwards.

After twenty minutes stuck in my room busily searching an outfit to wear , I went directly into the kitchen. I served myself a bowl of cereals and poured some skimmed milk in it.

"Why being so classy ?" Mom asked while eyeing me weirdly.

Actually , I was wearing a black crop top which had only a few glimmers on it , along with a pair of shorts. Britney already told me yesterday to wear black , because we were going to play bowling tonight and it was a tradition to wear black for that specific occasion.

However , I could not tell that to my mother because she would for sure be mad at me. She did not know that Brit was still my best friend , she actually thought that I was no longer addressing her , but in fact it was far from being true.

"Today it's Friday !" I responded instead and my mother did not seem to comprehend my reply.

"You don't usually wear such clothes on Friday ," she said and frowned.

"I have a group-project after school ," I lied.

"With ?"

"Some friends ,  you probably won't know them ," I said and shrugged.

I was glad that she let go of the subject and talked to my brother instead.

***

"Heyyyy !" My best friend screamed and hugged me tightly.

"Hey there !" I replied as cheerfully while hugging her back. "What's up ?"

"Just thrilled for tonight ," she replied and smirked at me.