Chapter 17

All I could notice on that Monday evening when I reached home was darkness and only darkness. There was not even a single light which was switched on and when I walked towards the front door to enter in , it was locked. Basically , there was no one at home and I was seriously screwed.

I thought of going to my neighbor's place to seek some kind of refuge but he was just an old man and as he was living alone , I did not even dare to go to his place. Maybe he was some sort of kidnapper or murderer !

I therefore walked back to Stephan's car , which was parked just next to the main gate of my house.

"What happened ?" He asked just before driving away.

"Nobody's home ," I replied and chewed on my inner cheek in embarrassment.

"Don't you have any spare keys ?" He asked and narrowed his eye-brows at me.

"Unfortunately , I don't ," I replied and gulped.

"Come with me then ! I don't live that far away and I live with my parents and my little brother , but apparently no one's at home right now ," he explained and smiled sadly at me while getting out of his car.

"And why is that ?" I asked with my eye-brows furrowed as curiosity got the best of me at that specific moment. I wondered why he became sad all of a sudden...

"My father is always working in an office in the capital , and as my mother is an air-hostess , I barely see her. As for my little brother , he lives at my grandma's place , who looks after him most of the time ," he explained with some gestures of the hand and looked sideways.

"Oh okay , so you mean to tell me that you live on your own ?" I asked and leaned on his car door.

"Yeah , well most of the time ," he said and shrugged lamely.

"That must be hard. Do you cook ?"

"It's not that difficult since I have some knowledge about cooking and stuffs ," he muttered and grinned at me.

"You're so rare ," I said and chuckled.

"I know right ," he said confidently and turned to look at me. "So are you gonna come along ?"

I stayed silent for a good couple minutes because to be honest , I was really hesitant.

"Are you sure about it ?" I asked him.

"Of course !" He said and pulled my hand immediately without giving me enough time to respond to his offer.

Without even realizing it , I was in Stephan's car and he was already driving away from my street.

"I'm bringing you to the mall first , so that you can buy some stuffs for your stay ," he said and I smiled at the thought.

I quietly checked my pocket and I was grateful for having my purse with me.

We reached the nearby mall within ten minutes and the place was not as crowded as usual.

Stephan accompanied me to one of the many shops there. I bought myself a sleeping dress along with a top and a pair of jeans. I then made my way towards a lingerie shop and thankfully , Stephan did not tag along.

I was done with the shopping within fifteen minutes and once it was over , Stephan insisted to invite me for a coffee. I accepted his offer reluctantly and we therefore went to Starbucks.

Sipping on my coffee , I have also learnt a lot of things about Stephan. He told me that he wants to be an engineer in the near future and that he was not intending to go abroad for further studies. He also told me about his love and passion for basketball and for how long he has been performing it.