Chapter 22

I woke up with a dreadful mood and all I wanted to do was to lay down on my bed and procrastinate. Waking up and doing productive things was not in my to do list.

I dragged my lazy soul towards my bathroom where I took a well-deserved bath and refreshed myself in my best way possible.

Afterwards , I got out of the bathroom which was now hot due to the condensed water. Instead of wasting my time by choosing a proper outfit as usual , I just pulled my dull uniform dress from my wardrobe. I did not even care to iron it since I had no desire in wearing that sh*t anyway.

I applied a tad bit of mascara to add some more volume to my eyelashes and I put some concealer underneath my eyelids. My dark circles are gradually becoming darker and darker. Dark like my own soul , I guess.

I then put on my black converse shoes and picked up my phone from my drawer , engulfing it into my pocket hurriedly.

Afterwards , I stomped downstairs where I met all my other family members in the kitchen. Samantha was filling her mouth with a hand full of corn-flakes while Ashton was  stirring his coffee with a small spoon in a rush. As for Bryan , he was sitting in my father's lap while my mother was feeding the little baby some sort of crushed food.

"Why are y'all in such a hurry ?" I asked to no one in particular and sent all my family members a confused look.

"Maybe because it's ten minutes to eight already ?" My elder brother mumbled , his voice overflooded with sarcasm.

"Wait what ?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah he's right ," my little sister said , tapping her pink digital watch.

"Good-bye mom , good-bye everyone !" I yelled and made my way towards the front door.

"Take a cereal bar at least !" My mom shouted to me from her seat.

"No thanks ," I replied back in a high-pitched voice and scurried to the taxi which was waiting for me at the entrance of the driveway.

"Morning ," I greeted the chauffeur who was waiting for me in the front seat.

"Hi ," the elderly man replied me in a monotone yet kind voice.

After a quick thirty-minute drive , I finally reached my destination safe and sound. The deserted area indicated that school had already started and I got out of the car after hurriedly thanking and paying the polite driver.

I made my way towards the huge building standing in front of me. Only the mere sight of it gave me goosebumps and to be honest , I was feeling quite nervous. Well , not quite , but very nervous.

I then walked towards the principal's office with hesitant and heavy steps to get my weekly timetable.

"Late for the very first day , Miss White ?" The principal asked me while lowering his glasses.

"All my deepest apologies , sir." I excused myself in the most formal manner possible.

"I hope it's the last time ," he said in a warning tone after handing me the weekly timetable.

"Yes , thank you."

I then walked out of the principal's office and after taking a quick glance at the new unfamiliar timetable , I made my way towards the biology laboratory which was just some meters away from the office itself.

The laboratory was neither crowded , nor empty. It consisted of a dozen pupils who were seated comfortably and were following the class attentively.