Chapter 19

It was Monday and I whined on hearing my alarm clock beeping , indicating six o'clock. Mondays should be written as 'Moandays' after all. Anyway , who really liked Mondays ? Basically no one.

I hoped off my comfy bed with difficulties and I tied my messy hair in a tight bun at once.

I then stomped to the bathroom and washed by face. I then brushed my teeth and took a quick bath afterwards.

Oh gosh , I hated my school morning routines so effing much. Especially Monday mornings. Mondays really suck.

I chose to wear a long-sleeved red shirt and matched it with my pair of dark skinny jeans.

The clock ticked and indicated ten minutes to seven. I gasped at the time as I was certain that I would miss the morning bus.

I scurried towards the kitchen and grabbed an apple on my way to the front door. The weather was chilly outside and I was grateful for wearing a long-sleeved shirt.

"Take your toast ," my mother yelled on seeing me close the front door.

"No thanks ," I shouted back and ran towards the bus-stop in evident hurry.

You must surely be wondering the reason behind my abrupt decision of taking the bus. Well , it was mainly because of my big douchebag of a brother who took my father's car this morning.

Thus , I had no other choice than taking the public bus. I hated the bus so much , it always stressed me up.

I reached school later than expected and I sighed when I realized that I had Mathematics in the first period.

I entered my class without interrupting at my locker and once I opened the classroom door , all the pairs of eyes fell on me.

"I'm sorry for being late ?" I said and bit on my lower lip in awkwardness , but my apology came out more like a question.

"What's your excuse , Miss White ?" My Math teacher asked me , lowering her glasses while asking the question.

"I came to school by bus today and I kinda took the bus later than usual ," I stated and clasped my hands together.

"Okay , I hope it's the last time."

"Yeah , I hope so too ," I said and smiled gratefully at the old lady , she did not give me any detention and I was obviously thankful for that.

I then took a seat at my usual spot , next to Stephan and I huffed , thinking of his real identity and his parents.

"Heyya , are you okay ?" He asked me in a worried voice and pulled the chair for me.

"Yeah , I'm okay ," I lied and sat down.

"But you just huffed ," he whispered and looked at me expectedly , surely awaiting for an explanation.

"No , I'm just tired ," I said quietly and shrugged lazily.

Stephan just glared at me disappointedly and bowed down hopelessly.

I then began to follow the class more attentively because I did not want to miss any explanation , especially not from Mathematics.

The bell rang forty-five minutes later and I ran towards the school's hallways because I badly needed to meet my best friend.

I eventually found her next to my locker and she was busily arranging her stuffs in her locker.

"Hey boo ," I exclaimed and hugged her from behind.

"Hey love !" She yelled and engulfed me in a way-too-tight hug. "I missed you so goddamn much Alexa !"

"Let's recover the time wasted then , 'cause I missed you so much too ," I stated with glee and winked at my best friend.