Chapter 26

Life never turns out the way you want it to and at times , it turns out the most unexpected way. It is basically like a roller-coaster and similarly , it's entirely your choice to scream or enjoy the ride.

Everyone faces problems and experiences true pain. Throughout the sixteen years I have lived , I thought that I have felt true pain several times , but I was surely wrong.

When I heard my mother's sentence on that Saturday evening , where the atmosphere was lugubrious and desperate , that is when I felt true pain and understood its literal meaning.

"You are adopted ," she mumbled while my father showed no emotion on his face. Well my supposedly father.

The words slipped from her mouth and echoed in my mind with much difficulty. My brain was not capable of acknowledging that impossible fact and so did I.

The words entered my heart like a sharp knife , with which veins and nerves are cut. Those three words were buried deep in my heart and left a couple of scars on their way. Scars which I guess will remain forever.

I neither knew what to say , nor what to do. I still could not believe my very own ears , it was like they were betraying me right at that instant.

I placed my hand over my mouth in shock , with my heart rate accelerating at its highest speed and my head pounding together with the terrible heartache.

I let myself collapse on the tiled floor , bruising my arm carelessly on doing so.

"I'm sorry sweetheart ," my supposedly mother muttered sweetly while pulling my hand to help me get up.

"Don't touch me !" I yelled at once , pulling my hand from her tight grip. Not only was she hurting me with the pressure she was applying on my palms but she was equally hurting me inside.

I let my hot tears fall on my burning cheeks , blurring my vision in the process.

Don't cry , don't cry. You are a strong girl , don't let anyone break down the walls which you took so long to build around you , I kept reminding myself.

But to no avail.

I cried my heart out and buried my throbbing head in between my knees evidently desperate.

After about five long minutes of sobbing and trembling uncontrollably , I finally made up my mind to get up from my miserable position. Those five minutes seemed like forever to be honest and they were the worst five minutes which I have ever experienced till now.

I placed my hand on my mouth and scurried to my room without sparing my parents a single glance.
The pitiful stare I would receive from them would have just deteriorated my own spoiled state.

I went to my room quickly and hastily , a complete blank on my mind. Once I reached there , I sighed in relief for not coming across any one of my siblings on my way.

I wonder whether they actually knew the truth.

I slammed the door shut after me immediately and I jumped on my bed at once. I was met with a real struggle in order to have a solution to my problem.

"I hate you ! I hate you all so freaking much !" I screamed instead , not caring a single bit if anyone would hear me. I am just a heartless girl anyway.

"I so hate my life !" I continued to yell while grabbing one of the trophies from the shelf , with which I was once rewarded for my successful basketball match.

"I'm such a mess ," I exclaimed in evident anger and threw the big gold-coloured trophy on the wall with full force , trying to release my dominating furry.