Chapter 7

"Damn , it's already crowded !" Britney exclaimed while looking for a place to park her car.

"Oh yeah , I guess Christina invited the whole school to her party ," I said non-chalantly.

"Not weird from her ," Brit said and chuckled.

We eventually parked the car a few meters from Christina's house as her parking lot was already full with vehicles.

While getting out of the car , I could already hear the loud music blasting from the huge house , more like a mansion. Christina is a really spoiled kid , there's no doubt about that.

"Are you going to meet Nathan here ?" I asked my best friend who was fixing her outfit with much delicacy.

You surely must be wondering who's that Nathan I'm talking about. Well , he is my best friend's boyfriend since two years already and to be honest , I hate that guy to death ! I mean , Britney could have any guy she wants , but why choosing Nathan ?! He is so childish and irritating as hell.

"Oh no , he has some family project today ," Britney uttered , breaking my previous thoughts about his stupid boyfriend.

"Family project , huh ?" I asked suspiciously.

I don't know why but I really doubt that Nathan guy. He is somehow weird to me and at times , I used to think that he hides things from Britney.

"Yeah ," Britney said and waved her hand. "Oh C'mon Alex ! Stop doubting him like that."

"Ugh , whatever ," I said with a disgusted face.

We entered the already-crowded house and the song 'How deep is your love' was playing through the loudspeakers. I felt like my eardrums were going to explode any moment.

I have gone to parties like only thrice in my entire lifetime , and it's been a while since I attended one. Honestly , I was not too keen for coming here but I decided to be present only for my best friend's sake. She was almost begging me to accompany her and I could not resist to her pleading eyes.

"It's so fun here !" Britney yelled through the crowd in order for me to hear her.

"I know right !" I shouted back at her while taking a look at the surroundings.

I found many similar faces , most from the school itself. Teenagers here were either at the bar being drunk and silly , others were busy dancing on the large dance-floor which was not too far from where I currently was , and there also were the few teenagers who were making out publicly and shamelessly.

We walked further into the mansion when all of a sudden , I spotted an amused Tyler from the crowd of people. He was sitting on an L-shaped sofa with a few girls on his side. I guess he was drunk , due to his abnormal behavior and peculiar appearance.

"Is it Tyler over there ?" Brit asked while pointing to the sofa which I had just took a glance at.

"I think so ," I replied with a blank expression on my face.

"Go and meet him , I'm gonna grab something from the bar ," she said in a rather high-pitched voice.

"No , I don't feel like meeting him right now ," I said and turned to look at my best friend , but the latter was nowhere to be found. I guess she already flied to the bar , what a brat !

I continued to walk through the hall and I mentally slapped myself for approaching the one I clearly wanted to avoid.

"Alexa ? What are you doing here ?" A confused voice asked me through the unbearable noise.