Chapter 14

"Where are you bringing me , Mr. Brewer ?" I asked Tyler while entering his car with delicacy. I was actually trying to be like a lady for once and I hoped that I did not fail at the acting.

"It's a surprise ," he replied once he was properly seated.

"Oh Tyler please , stop being a drama-queen and tell me about it ," I said non-chalantly.

"Drama-king ," he corrected me and emphasized his word.

"Whatever , stop being so cliché ! Where are we going ?" I asked and narrowed my gaze to face him.

"Okay Miss. White , I'm bringing you to a very familiar place. That's all I can tell you ," he said while tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Oh okay ," I said and shrugged.
"By the way , don't call me Miss. White. It feels odd."

Tyler giggled and turned on the engine while switching on the radio. The song hello by Adele was on tune and I remained silent in order to listen to it.

After a forty-five minute ride of chatting and laughing our heart out , we finally reached our destination.

I took a good look at my new surroundings. The people here were few , very few. The benches were mostly empty and the green grass enlightened my sight as the sunlight reflected on it.

We were at the park. It's true that this place was familiar to me. I used to come here with either Britney or Samantha on Sundays for jogging. However , it has been quite a while since I last came here , due to Sam's health condition and my not-so-close bond with my best friend recently.

"Ah , I can't feel my feet ," I said and turned around to look at Tyler , but the latter was busily looking for something in the backseat.

"What happened ?" I asked and came closer to him.

"I'm searching for .... Ah ! I got it ," he said and beamed instantly.

"What ?" I asked with confusion lacing in my voice.

Instead of replying me , he took off a basket of medium size and pulled my wrist excitedly , leading me to the park.

"Come on !" He yelled and I followed behind him , a bright smile plastered on my face.

He then placed a napkin on the grass and we sat down. Afterwards , he put the basket in front of us and opened it.

It contained sandwiches , two bottles of water and a small box of greek salad , along with some french fries and mayonnaise.

"Yum ," I said with my mouth watering just by looking at the food.

"Yum indeed ," he said and chuckled. "I told mom to prepare those delights for us."

"Ow thank her from me ," I said and flashed him a grateful smile.

We then started digging into the food and the greek salad was very delicious to be honest.

Forty minutes later , we were done with the food and I could not take in anything anymore as I was feeling way too full.

The sun began to set and the blue sky turned gradually into a light shade of yellow and orange. I love sunsets , they usually make you feel calm and relaxed.

I lied on the green grass care-freely and Tyler lied down next to me. I made sure to keep a distance between us as I did not want anything nasty to happen.