Chapter 2

"We should hang out more often , since both of us are now in holidays ," Tyler told me while I was making my way towards the front door.

"Of course ! After all , we don't live that far ," I said matter-of-factly and winked at him.

It was already ten thirty and we were still at the Brewers' place. Whenever mom and dad meet Tyler's parents , they can talk for what seems like forever.

However , mom was quite worried that day because of Samantha. The latter was coughing uncontrollably and had a slight fever. We all thought that the ice-cream which was served for dessert was actually the cause for Samantha's coughing , and thus , we did not bother much about it. So , Natalie just gave her some sort of medicine and assured mom that Samantha's going to be okay. Unfortunately , my little sister was far from being okay.

Thus , dad thought that it would be better to just return home and let the poor kid have some rest.

Once we reached home , Sam went directly into her room and she fell asleep before even wearing her pajamas.

"Will Britney come home tomorrow ?" mom asked me.

"I guess so ," I said unsure whether the latter would come or not.

Britney Waters is my best friend since I was twelve and we have been together even since. She has always been there for me and I also try my best to always be there for her. Britney is the unique child of her parents and always dreamt of having a little sister. In fact , she considers Samantha as her sibling and they hang along quite well.

My bestie and I used to meet each other on Saturdays. We either go to the mall , roam around the nearby park or just watch some movies comfily at home. That's basically why my mother was asking whether Britney would come or not.

Later that night , I checked my phone and much to my dismay , I did not receive any message from anyone. Anyway , it's not like I was expecting some sort of text from somebody.

As I was not that much sleepy , I decided to send Britney a Whatsapp message , but she was not online. So , I went on Instagram and stalked some of my friends , well I like stalking people , it's actually a good way of learning many things.

I was quite disappointed as there was nothing interesting. I therefore kept my phone aside and closed my eyes and within no time , I reached dreamland.

The next morning , I woke up by the ringing of the doorbell. Ironically , I was still sleepy although I just woke up , and I wondered why no one else opened the door. I mean , my room is far from the front door , compared to Ashton's , why couldn't he open it ? Ugh.

I dragged myself lazily towards the living room and opened the front door to reveal an overexcited Britney. She engulfed me in a teddy bear hug and eyed me weirdly before yelling :

"Alex ! You're still in your pajamas ?"

"Uh yeah ?" I asked , stuttering at my words as I did not understand her.

"Alexa , it's two in the afternoon ! Have you just woken up ? Oh gosh ," she said and massaged her temples dramatically.

"Seriously ?" I snapped at her as I was taken aback.

With no time at all , I rushed to the kitchen where I found a notice on the fridge.

Samantha has been really sick since last night. Your dad and I thought that it would be best to bring her to the hospital. Ashton has an interview today and maybe Britney will come by in the afternoon. There are some Mac' n cheese in the oven , eat it for lunch. Call me if you need anything.
Take care , mom.