Chapter 11

One week has passed in a quick and unnoticeable blur. We were currently in our winter break , and it was Christmas eve , yay !

To say I was missing Tyler and his family would be an understatement. It has already been a couple of months since they went abroad and they crossed my mind every single day. Yeah of course , Tyler and I used to communicate via social medias thrice a week , but it would have been different if they were really there.

As for my basketball rehearsals , I attended them more than thrice already and I should admit that I made quite a few friends from there. I even started enjoying the game and was thrilled every Monday just for the basketball rehearsals' sake.

I also asked Britney to come and join me in the sport activity , but my best friend has her after-school job to take care of. She was actually working at a sort of library in our locality itself and we barely met each other after school hours. However , we were still together in Maths class and our conversations never really ended.

As I have stated earlier , we have finally reached the twenty-fourth of december AKA Christmas eve. It was still ten in the morning and I was currently lying comfortably on the couch in the living room , reading one of my favorite books and taking a sip from my hot chocolate , in which some tiny marshmallows were gently added.

My parents were still sleeping and Samantha has gone to the park with Ashton to play. After all , it was snowing outside and it was freezing cold inside our house , since the temperature has lowered quite a lot since a couple of days. And as my little sister was craving to build a snowman , Ashton thought that it would be best to bring her to the park.

My parents woke up after half an hour. They told me to get ready because apparently , I was going to accompany them to the bakery before lunch. To be honest , it has been quite a while since I went there and I was missing this place so much. Tyler and I spent wonderful times together in that particular bakery , that would forever remain memorable for me.

I stomped to my room and paced into my bathroom for a hot shower. I washed my greasy hair with the little shampoo which was left in the bottle and I let the hot water fall on my skin , feeling refreshed.

After the shower , I stepped out of the bathroom and made quick steps towards my closet. I was currently trembling due to the cold atmosphere , I therefore switched on my heater. I was hoping that my mother would not know about it because she would probably kill me if she did. As from her perspective , we were allowed to switch on the heater at night only , in order to reduce the electricity usage. Sorry mom , but I did not want to die in the freezing weather.

I searched for an appropriate outfit as quickly as possible. I noticed a red piece of clothing in the back of my closet which caught my attention , so I pulled it out and made sure not to create a mess.

It was a red velvet dress which reached my knees. It was beautiful and I completely forgot that I had that dress in my wardrobe.

I wore the red dress and decided to wear my boots underneath it. I then applied a tad bit of concealer on my dark circles and some blusher on my cheeks. I avoided wearing foundation because I hated it so much and never felt comfortable with it on my skin. I also applied mascara to demonstrate my eyelashes and at last , I topped my make-up with my red lipstick.

After the makeover , I dried my hair and I did not feel like tying it. Afterwards , I took a quick glance at myself from the full-length mirror and I smiled widely at my appearance. I was satisfied with my outfit , although it was not the prettiest of all.