Chapter 13

Having periods are one of the most awful things ever.

I woke up at four in the morning , suffering from intolerable and extremely painful belly-aches. My legs were trembling and my head was throbbing. I tried to massage my temples , hoping to get better but to no avail. I even got a sort of nausea and I felt acid in my stomach.

I usually woke up at half past six on school days , but on that particular Wednesday morning , I got up from my sleep much more earlier than usual , due to the uncontrollable belly-aches.

Periods were going to be the death of me...

I got up from my comfy bed and made an attempt to stand up , it was definitely a hard task for me since my legs were feeling like jelly at the moment and I was currently trembling.

Only some rays of sunlight penetrated through my window and the light was not enough. I therefore switched on my small lamp which was found on my desk and I opened my door as quietly as I could. It was too early and everybody was far asleep , I thus tried my best not to wake anyone up.

I made slow and quiet steps towards the kitchen. Afterwards , I poured myself some warm water from the boiler and I drank a pill to relieve the painful belly-aches.

I then went back to my bedroom , hoping to gain some more sleep.

***

"The lights were already on when I woke up ," my mother stated while pouring myself a cup of milk.

"Oh yeah , I woke up in the night looking for pills ," I informed her as I forgot to let her know about it previously.

"Pills ? What happened Alexa ?" My mother asked , worry evident in her voice.

"Yeah I was having some belly-aches ," I replied my alarmed mother and took a spoonful of corn flakes from my bowl , which was half-full with skimmed milk.

"Are you now feeling better ?" She asked further while looking at me anxiously.

"Yes ," I replied , not so sure of myself.

"If you're not okay , you can stay at home for today and not attend school ," my father suggested and turned to look at me.

"Nah , I'm fine ," I said and shrugged , flashing a grateful smile at my worried parents.

After breakfast , I hopped into my room and took a good shower. I then wore one of my comfiest skinny jeans and I chose to wear a pink crop top on it. I then wore my black pair of converse shoes underneath my skinny jeans.

I applied some concealer on my dark circles , which kept on becoming darker by each passing day. I then applied some dark brown mascara on my eyelashes , in order to add more volume to them.

Within fifteen minutes , I was ready for school. I threw my backpack on my right shoulder and stomped towards the front door.

My father dropped me to school and I reached there earlier than usual. I walked through the school corridor and smiled at the few students standing in the long and rather empty hallway.

I was making my way towards my locker when all of a sudden , I bumped into someone. The person lowered his head to look at me and that was when I realized that this particular person was Jake.

"Oops ," I uttered and excused myself.

"Woah there , long time no see ," he said and engulfed me in a sudden , but quick hug , ignoring my previous excuse completely.

"Yeah ," I admitted and bit on my lower lip.

"How have you been ?" He asked and smiled.

"Fine I guess ," I replied , a tad bit awkwardly due to our way-too-close distance.