Chapter 24

"Alexa ?" a familiar voice asked anxiously.

At first , I got some difficulties to form my words properly. My voice did not come out the way I wanted it to and I wanted to say so many things at once , but all I was faced with was a complete blank.

"Yes it's me ," I managed to say through my annoying hiccups.

I was definitely lost and unease.

"I badly need you." The voice called out some seconds later , in a low voice.

Oh really ? I guess people only talk to you when they need your help. Otherwise , you are just forgotten and ignored...

"So that's why you called me ?" I asked angrily in a high-pitched voice.

Meanwhile , the person on the other line seemed to be taken aback. I heard a groan , followed by a rather loud cough which quite amazed me to be honest.

"What do you mean ?" He asked with an innocent voice.

Overwhelmed by furry and evident anger , I hand up the phone at once. To be honest , I was actually disappointed because I thought that he called me to hear me out , but I was of course wrong again. As usual , disappointments are my most frequent guests.

I digged my black-polished nails into my fluffy pillow in rage and irritation when abruptly , my phone started ringing all over again. Curiosity got the best of me and I could not resist from taking the call.

"What do you want , Tyler ?" I asked , not giving him the time to say a word.

"I'm in a real trouble right now , Alex , and I badly need you."

"What happened ?" I asked him in an annoyed , yet worried voice.

It's been a while since I last heard his voice and it seemed a bit weird to me , but I was still able to recognise it. However , he really seemed to be in trouble and although we have not been in good terms recently , I was not the kind of person to abandon others in their hard times.

"Everybody at home thinks that I'm in college but actually , I'm in England and I have to deal with so many problems here. Lately , a group of mafias have stole all my money and I worked in a nearby shop in order to earn a living. And as for now , the mafias have discovered my hiding place and I am totally screwed again ," Tyler explained in a single breath.

"But why don't you tell your parents about it ? Why did you choose to confine your problems to me instead ? Why me , Tyler ? Why ?" I asked , trying to blink away the tears which were beginning to form in my eyes. I honestly did not understand why he chose me.

"Because I'm involved in the freaking matter with the damned mafias , Alexa ! And you're till now the person whom I trust the most in life ," he stated in a high-piched voice and my heart skipped a beat for some undeniable reasons.

"And what am I supposed to be doing now ?" I asked numbly.

"Do you have money in your bank account ?" He asked immediately.

"Uh I guess yeah ," I replied and gulped in evident confusion.

"Can you transfer some to my own bank account please ?" Tyler asked me with a glimpe of hesitation lacing in his rather shaking voice.

We kept on conversing for more than an hour and I eventually agreed to send him the amount of money which he badly needed for some odd reasons. At first , I was obviously reluctant to transfer the whole lot of money to his bank account but he ended up convincing me and reassuring me that no one will ever know about the transaction between us.