Chapter 2

Effie's POV

I could feel that Haymitch worried about me. I felt so loved . He really seemed like he actually wanted to stay. I never thought that he would. "Now ", he continued when Katniss got out of the room." Now what?", I finally looked at him. He looked stressed and worried . " now tell me . What was going on? Why did you leave? Katniss told me that she found you on the floor right by your room. You weren't really going to see Katniss. Why didn't you just tell me . I would have left you alone.", he looked at me so smoothly and before I could respond he sat on my bed ,next to me, and grabbed my hand. " forget it", he said " you don't have to tell me. Just..I..Katniss was right. You better rest now." He layed my hand on my bed carefully, stood up and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

Haymitch 's POV

I felt good that she was ok. As I was walking to the door trying to leave she stopped me"Haymitch wait", she said but I didn't let her finish
" just so you know. I was sober" , I left the room and went to the place Katniss always goes to when she feels sad or when she is hiding. I sat down but still felt so bad. All I could think of was her. Effie. I do not know how I fell in love with this girl.
" you talked ?",Katniss joined me and sat down. I was quiet.
" you love her don't you?", I still couldn't respond. I wanted to say yes but nothing came out of me. " she is not fine", I said" something is wrong with her"." I know. It will go away. It's just that she is scared", Katniss said. " so you know what she has? Scared about what? Who? Who would threaten her?" , I asked. " she is scared of President snow. She is scared that he is going to kill her once he gets a chance because she was in the Capitol for so long and she left."
"Why didn't she tell me? I could protect her", I started to think about her even more and how I would kill snow." She is scared that she will loose you. She is scared that if she told you, you would think she would betray you and give snow information ",Katniss tried to cheer me up but I couldn't be happy.
"She would never do that. I know that.", I could not believe how she didn't know that I trusted Effie.
"Well she probably doesn't know how much she means to you.", Katniss said with a smirk. " Do not let her go"
Katniss left and after a while I decided I wanted to check on Effie.
I went to the room she stayed in but Effie wasn't there. Maybe she was in her room I thought. So I went.