Chapter 9

Effie's. POV

What. Why did he do this. I ran to coin.
"Haymitch ", I screamed.
"What it it miss trinket?"
"This syringe here you go it's his blood. You can have it but send the troops to the Capitol now."
"What why?", coin asked confused
"Haymitch is off to go kill snow and is not strong since he took his blood instead of mine.", she believed me. She hated me but she wanted to save haymitch.
"I really want to help. But we can't, if we send all the hovercrafts and troops for one person we basically already lost."
"Then just send one.", I said
"Yes with me ,Finnik, Gale and Effie ", Katniss came behind me.
"Fine now go and get him what ever.", coin said "he will die anyways and don't get caught we need you mocking jay."

Haymitch'a POV

Snow invited me into the Capitol as he found out I was there. I went in.
"So Mr.Abernathy what do you want to talk about?", he asked.
I was quiet.
"How about you're little slut. What's her name again? EFFIE? Right?", oh no he did not just say that.
"My escort sir"
"Not quite I think. You know you should never lie to me. I've been watching you. I saw you kissing. So tell me more.",he said and got a little angry" tell me about her, a little slut ."
"A lady sir"
"Not quite either ",he said"so you know I've prepared a little game. Want to play?"
"What's the price?"
"It's either you, your LADY or me. One of us is living. Only one will win, you play for both of you."
" what if I don't play", I asked
"All of us will die", I know that snow would die but Effie too he knew that I'd never do that so I played.
"Sure I'm down "
" wonderful follow me"
We went to a garden.
"So any rules?", I asked?
"No none. Whoever leaves this garden first looses."
We just sat and didn't talk.
It went on for hours