Day Fourteen - "i've been dating father christmas"

On the fourteenth day of Christmas, the Yogscast gave to me,

A Shopping Experience For Days - Chris Trott (Trottimus), Katie Nommer (Littlenommer)

You had, like most times where you went out shopping, been trudging around the shopping centre for what felt like hours. Feet aching, brain aching and had already had one temper tantrum and snapped at one lady behind a till for interacting with you about the weather whilst scanning your items. You emerged from the shop, feeling her anxious yet offended eyes boring into you and suddenly felt far too fidgety for your own good.

"Meet us at the food court around two right? Then we can see what we've got, it also gives Chris here a chance to buy things for us two without having to hide it." Katie had said about an hour ago, before you all separated into different directions. You glanced up at the huge clock sitting on the wall and read, 14:02.

Sighing, you re-arranging the way you were holding your bags of shopping and lugged them all towards the closest escalator - whose idea was it to put the food court in the bloody top floor? you asked yourself, frowning and putting off other people who were stood around you. You shot them all an apologetic smile and like most people inside shopping centres around Christmas, they understood.

The food court was looming into sight as the escalator reached the top, and there, lounging on one of the chairs outside McDonalds, watching the queue that was waiting before the counter, was the back of a cooper-haired ombre head - Katie.

"Oh, hey," she said, giving you a brief smile as she saw you before her attention went back towards McDonalds, "Chris has gone to get us lot some food. It was chicken nuggets right?"

You gave her a grin, suddenly forgetting the woes from before, "always."

"So, who've you brought for?" she asked, spinning round in her chair, her hair ruffled and the remains of stress-speed shopping - a look everyone knew too well - on her features, but she seemed happy.

"So far, Lewis and Simon - I've already done most of the Yog girls, um, Teutron, Parv, Duncan and Smith," you said, digging through your bags around your feet at all the presents inside as you listed them off. Katie nodded along as you did, looking through her own list.

"I've done most of the Yogscast members I've met, brought two boxes of jumbo pack celebrations for the editors, Hat Films I've done, haven't got round to Parv and Tom, or Teutron and Minty actually." she said thoughtfully, speaking more to herself as she scanned down the list, most of the names you saw were crossed off and she added too more with her always handy pen.

"Hello," a voice said, both of you turning to stare up at Trott who was carrying three happy meals and milkshakes on a tray before dunking it in the middle of the table and running around to perch next to Katie, you gave him a nod as Katie handed over your own happy meal and not to your surprise a packet of chicken nuggets sat inside, "the guy behind the desk recognised me, that's why I took a while. Much to the annoyance of the customers behind me though," he added, chuckling.

You grinned, "well, you guys are celebrities now," you teased as he grimaced jokingly. Pretty soon after the three of you had devoured your happy meals and were now, ironically, much happier. You piled up your rubbish and threw it all into the provided bins, meanwhile you complained about how they should be in recycling because it's made of cardboard.

"So whose left on your list?" Katie asked, with a bag on one of her arms and the other one linked with yours as you travelled down through the long stretching corridors of the shopping centre, opened and packed shops either side of you, bustling with people inside and Christmas lights hanging from the doorframes lighting the place up like a wonderland.