Day Nineteen - "just like secondary school"

On the nineteenth day of Christmas, the Yogscast gave to me,

One Eventful Christmas Dinner - Lewis Brindley(Xephos), Simon Lane(Honeydew), Kim Richards(Nanosounds), Paul Skyes(Sjin), Duncan Jones(Lividcoffee), Hannah Rutherford(Lomadia), Ross Hornby(djh3max), Alex Smith(Alsmiffy), Chris Trott(Trottimus), Martyn Littlewood(Inthelittlewood)

You would have liked to say it had taken you, Lewis and Simon all day, gathering the best most festive plates, and planning and cooking the turkey and drooling a little at the marinating smell and arranging and rearranging the decorations and putting on your best ugly Christmas sweaters and smelling the turkey again and fiddling with the stuffing and wrapping fairy lights up the banisters that took at least an hour to get right because Lewis felt they were too crowded and giggling at each others puns and rearranging the charades packets and so much else, but honestly, it only took your three hours.

Except the turkey - that was still cooking by the time the doorbell rang insistently the first time.

"I'll get it," you called to Lewis and Simon who were, under Lewis' command, hauling one last decoration down the stairs. You swung open door, a smile on your features as you took in Sjin who was stood grinning widely, Duncan behind him and both were carrying bottles of wine. You hurriedly took the wine from their hands and ushered them in, making small talk about the weather and the drive as you did.

"Wow, this place looks great," Duncan exclaims, disappearing into the living room, looking around at everything that was displayed from the cards strung from string across the ceiling to the tinsel lining the edge of the sofas.

"Cheers," you grinned, grateful, "took us nearly all day. And an injury for the tree," you said pointedly, waving your hand in proof.

"How is that?" Sjin asked, flopping down on the sofa and taking to sitting at the most wanted position of the arm-rest.

"Well, the amputations in a week time," you said, struggling to keep a straight face as Sjin's expression widened with doe like and a gaping mouth before it suddenly twitched into a smile.

"You're teasing me aren't you?" he said, mumbling under his breath like a child with his eyes crinkled with laughter.

You shrugged in return, "it's what I'm here for." then the doorbell rang again.

"Is there a chance you could get that one as well?" Simon's voice yelled down, straining slightly as though they were lifting something far too heavy for the both of them.

"On it," you said, wincing as a loud thud sounded from above. You shot apologetic smiles to both the boys and vanished into the hall again, pulling open the door, greeting the next people and so on until Hat Films were he last to file through, shooting mischievous grins at you all and presenting a box of mince pies to 'make up for their lateness'. Ross, you couldn't help but notice, was looking particularly sheepish as he hide something rustling behind his back, grinning at you as he caught your suspicious stare before turning away again. You bit down on your lip and reminded yourself that at least they weren't as bad as having Fred and George Weasley in your house. But, you probably wouldn't mind that in the slightest either.

"So, now that everyone's hear and settled - other then Simon and Lewis, that's them thudding around upstairs by the way - does anyone want drinks?" you asked, catching everyone's attention and not being able to help but make a mental note of how Kim's eyes narrowed slightly at the mention of Simon's name - but it wasn't like you couldn't invite him, he was one of your closest friends.

"Give me your best malt wine," Smith said, waving his hand as though he was a royal Lord and you were a simple servant, mocking a demanding tone. You rolled your eyes.