Chapter 2

5 minutes later, Peach's phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Peach, Toad, he's not here!" Toadette told her.

"What do you mean?"

"I can't find Toad. He's not in his room or the kitchen! Toadette said.

"I'll get everyone together to help find him. We'll be inside in a minute," Peach told Toadette.

"Okay, hurry u-," the phone suddenly went blank.

"Toadette?" Peach asked.

There was no answer.

"Peach what's wrong?" Daisy asked.

"Toad is missing and we need to find him," I told the girls.

"Let's go get the boys," Rosalina said.

The girls ran up to the boys.

"Toad is missing! We need to find him,"  Peach told Mario.

"That's weird... Where's Toadette?"

"She was looking for Toad," Rosalina said.

"Okay let's go find them."

Everyone hurried inside the castle to find Toad and Toadette.

"Girls search upstairs and boys search downstairs ," Peach said.

"Uhh I'm leaving," Goomba said.

"Fine! We don't need you're help anyway!" Daisy yelled as he walked out the front door.

"Looks like Drybones left too. Must've been his mom on him again about his chores," Boo said.

Everyone rushed to where they needed to go. But splitting up might not be the best idea...

Rosalina P.O.V

As the boys left to go search the kitchen, we went upstairs. Peach went in front and Birdo stayed in the back. I went behind Daisy, to keep an eye on Birdo. I think she might be up to something.

Walking up the stairs, I can see the two hallways separating. As we get to the edge of the stairs, Peach comes to a stop. She tells me to go to the right, Daisy to the left, and Birdo to the left.

"I'm not helping. I hate that little fungus," Birdo folded her arms.

Typical Birdo.

"Come on Birdo," Daisy said.

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Fine. You know what, just stay its your choice. We'll find them while you pout around on the stairs," Peach went the last step and starting walking down the right hall.

I scrambled between Daisy to follow Peach.

"Daisy come with us," Peach said.

Daisy stepped up the stairs and walked over to us. Birdo took one last glance and then sat down to file her nails.

Once Daisy was to us, we started walking again. Just then the lights flickered and then, all the lights went out. Peach stopped dead in her tracks.

"The power never goes out," she whispered.

"I have my phone, there's a flashlight app we can use," Daisy pulled out her orange phone and pressed the flashlight button. At once, the hall was illuminated. Daisy handed her phone to Peach and the walking started up again. Once we got to the end of the hall, Peach took a glimpse to the right.

I took a peak around her and saw that the door was slightly open. I could hear the faint sound of the shower dripping against the floor.

As we inched closer to the door, my heartbeat quickened. Peach pushed the door open slightly and shined the light to the wall. I jumped when I saw him.

Toad was slumped up against the shower wall, beads of water dripping onto his head. The shower floor was a crimson red, slowly washing down the drain. The most frightening part was his wide open eyes, looking right up at me. The knife in his chest was stained red with oozing liquid coming from within Toad.

Oh my gosh. Toad's dead. He was murdered!

I could see the tears coming down Peach's face as well as Daisy's. Then I noticed I was crying too.

Peach quickly shined the light around the rest of the room, looking for Toadette.There wasn't anything else in there.

Then, I noticed a puddle in the middle of the floor.... too far away from Toad's body to have leaked there. Then a drop fell from above and hit the puddle with a *drip.* I took Peach's wrist and moved it upward, changing the lighting. On the chandelier was Toadette, hung from a rope, blood dripping down her body. There was blood writing on the ceiling. A message so spine chilling but so simple.

Who's next?

Part 3 will be made sooooon:))