Chapter 16

Rosalina POV

"Now what?" I asked breathlessly to Waluigi.

We all ran separate ways when Drybones appeared in front of us with a chain saw.
A CHAIN SAW.

"We could stay here quietly for a couple minutes and see if they find us or we hear them," Waluigi suggested in a whisper.

"Okay," I said while putting my back to the cold stone wall.

Waiting impatiently, we listened for any voices or footsteps on the soggy floor.

"RUN, RUN, RUN!!!"  A voice screamed in the distance.

"What do we do??" I asked in horror.

"Run the opposite way of course!" Waluigi said while pulling me farther into the tunnel.

Our splashes echoed and bounced off of the walls, reminding me of how loud we were.

"Shouldn't we be a little more quiet? He'll definitely find us if we keep this up," I whispered urgently while tugging him to a stop.

"You're right, let's stay here for a sec to see if we can hear anything," he nodded.

My eyes wandered through the darkness, finding nothing but static-looking particles. My ears traced the droplets of water disappearing at our feet, the distant splashes coming from the other tunnel, the struggle.

A loud splash echoed from within the tunnels. I held my breath, listening for the slightest movement.

Then, the roar stopped. Waluigi and I exchanged weary glances as we waited for someone to shout or splash or do anything really.

"Is he gone?" I whispered while trying to make out any bodies in the darkness.

Then the most pain I've ever felt in my life struck me, right through my chest.

Waluigi POV

I hear Rosalina yelp a little so I turned to her and realized there was a chain saw sticking out of her chest!

"Go..." She breathed out.

I could make out the blade in the middle of her chest, blood already starting to pour out. The chain saw roared to life and moved all the way down her chest.

Then, two hands took the wound edges and made a gaping whole, which then pulled her body into two halves.

After seeing the red glowing eyes everyone knew, I did what she said, I ran. I ran all the way out of that tunnel and into the other, trying to find the rest of the group.

"Guys!" I yelled hastily.

Running faster, I blindly put my hand to the sewer wall, trying to find the turning points. Then, my foot caught something on the ground, making me fall, face first onto the mucky floor. Propping myself up, my hand gripped around something.

A flash light.

I stood up and pushed the switch up. Looking behind me, I froze.

I tripped over Bowser's dead body.

A stab wound was torn straight through his neck, blood still escaping from the lifeless body into the water.