Chapter 10

Peach POV

As the group and I trail behind Rosalina, I start to think.

What does he want?

I know, I know, it's kind of a dumb question to think of but there has to be reasoning behind this madness!

"Did you hear the scream from the kitchen?" Rosalina asked.

"It sounded pretty fainted, so I guess so," Bowser stared into the distance.

Poor guy. I know how much Boo meant to him and from what I can tell, there isn't much hope for Boo right now.

"Okay guys, since we already know splitting up doesn't end on good terms, the alternative will be partners. Split into pairs and look for clues on where Boo might be," Mario concluded.

"Mario Yoshi, and I will take the back room," Luigi motioned Mario and Yoshi to follow him towards the fridge room.

"Me and Wario'll  take the far side of the fridge room," Waluigi concluded.

"We'll take the other side then," Rosalina said as she looked over at Bowser.

"Then Daisy and I can search the kitchen," I nodded to Daisy.

"Okay split up and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT separate from each other," Mario opened the fridge door and held it open for the rest of the group.

"Well," I looked over to Daisy. "Let's get started."

Daisy walked over to a couple shrubs on the other side of the room and parted them open, revealing a blank space behind them.

"Shouldn't we stay together?" I asked worriedly.

"We don't need to be glued to each other Peach, we're in the same room it'll be fine," Daisy glanced over at me and then started up her search again.

Shrugging, I went nearby the sink and softly opened and closed cupboards, peeking through the darkness, squinting for any movement.

I got up and looked over to Daisy, still hastily peering through leaves and branches.

Just then, two cold hands went over my mouth and eyes, my heart skipped a beat, instantly zipping into a sprint.

"Move or scream and I'll slice your throat," a knife slightly touched my skin, sending a slight shiver down my spine.

The person lead me around the corner, through the hallway, and into the library.

The dark figure tied me to a chair with some scratchy rope, paced over to the door, shut it, and switched on a small reading lamp.

"Why don't you just kill me like you killed Boo?" I glared into Drybones' glowing eyes, a bitter expression creeping onto my face.

"I didn't need him, princess," Drybones focused on twirling the knife around in his hand. "But, I still need you."

"And why is that?"

"Well, it's just that to be the most powerful man in the world, I'm going to need your crown," he said simply.

"Nobody's going to listen to you just because you have a piece of gold on your head," I rolled my eyes.