Chapter 3

Birdo P.O.V

Ah there, that nail is mostly decent. I think I'll repaint them later, I don't like the Magenta. I could do red or pink or-

*Grrrr urgle urgle blurg*

Man I'm hungry. I guess it won't hurt to go downstairs...The boys will be there, right?

I step down the stairs and go into the kitchen. The only light is coming from the slider door. I walk over to the door to look outside. Dark storm clouds are forming in the distance over the hill. The wind is blowing the Tanooki tree side to side. Looks like the perfect weather has gone to stormy depression.
I laugh to myself.

"Hello? Helloooooooooo???"Are the boys even here anymore?

I flip on the kitchen light, but it doesn't come on. I shrug it off and walk over to the table of cupcakes... Well I mean these don't look half bad. I make a whirl pool with my mouth and suck in the air.
The cupcakes fly into my mouth.
Mmmmmm...
Is that butterscotch? Yep.
Oh yeah that's some good food right there. One kinda tastes like a natural wood flavor. That's not a cupcake flavor... What the?

I look back down at the table of cupcakes except the table is gone. I look around the room searching for the table.

"Where did that thing go?" I ask myself.

Then I pick a splinter out of my teeth.

Oh I ate that with the 100 other cupcakes on the table.

That didn't really fill me up so I guess Peach won't mind if I take some more food.

I walk over to the fridge and open the stainless steal door. Oh yeah, it's a walk in freezer. Shoulda expected that.

I walk around through the isles of food, so much food. Food ,food ,food ,food.

"No you will not eat all the food," I say.

But one piece won't hurt, will it?
I pick up a watermelon to shove in my mouth. I swallow it whole.

"Ahh."

A couple pieces?

I pick up 3 bags of cheese. I then pull the zipper to the side. The scent of goodness and dairy wafts through my nose. Nose? Mouth whole? Who cares! I pour the bag into my mouth taking two chews of the food and then swallowing it. Next, I pour the others into my mouth.

"Still hungry aye stomach ol' pal?"

A shelf or two of food won't hurt anyone, will it?

I suck in air with my mouth as food from a shelf of fruits enters my mouth. Yummmmm!!

Well to top it all off, I need something to drink.

I walk around through the isles of food. This place is like a mini grocery store! Ah ha! There's something to drink. I walk over to some milk jugs, maybe about 20 on this shelf. I pick one up and try to turn the cap.

"Ughh come on! Open up ya dumb milk!"

And then it happened. The worst thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something so terrifying that I almost screamed. Right there in front of me was a broken nail. I've spent so much time growing my babies out and now they're ruined!!

"No, no, no , no, no! no! no! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO NOOOOOOOOO!!!!" I yell.

Someone walks through the fridge door. I can't tell who it is since it's dark in here. It comes closer to me. Then I realize that it's just Yoshi.

"What the heck are you doing here??" he whispered.

"I was hungry and and I broke a nail and and-" I stuttered.

"You're nails are nothing Birdo! Do you even want to live? Come on we have to get out of this room!" Yoshi whispers while pulling my arm.

"Why?"

"Diddy went missing in here Birdo, come on!"

"I just need to get a drink!"

I loosen Yoshi's grip on my arm and run over to the milk. I then start to take multiple jugs off the shelf. I reach into the back and grab something. Spoiled fruit? I take it out and look at it. I immediately drop it and run to Yoshi.

"EW EW EW EW EW EW EWWWWW!!" I cry out.

Yoshi pulls me out of the fridge and shuts the door. Then, he locks it.

"What is wrong with you? You're going to get us killed with all you're screaming!" Yoshi hisses.

"I picked something up and and ew, I really have to wash my hands," I walk over to the sink and turn the handle to the right.
Pumping soap onto my hands, I remember what I saw. In my hands was Diddy's head, soaked in blood with an expression of terror on his face.

"What exactly happened when you guys went in there?" I asked Yoshi.

He walked over to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I turned the water off and wiped my hands on a pink towel.

"Well, we went inside to search for Toadette: me, Koopa, Diddy, and Boo. We were looking around when we heard Diddy scream. We searched and searched through the isles, but never found him. Realizing he was gone, we hurried out of the room not wanting anything else to happen.... What made you scream?"

"I found Diddy...." I trailed off.

"Oh, then we can't leave him in there! We have to go get him!" Yoshi ran to the fridge door to unlock it.

"No Yoshi you don't understand! He's gone Yoshi! He's, he's dead."

Yoshi came to a stop.

"Oh...We're too late." Yoshi said sadly.

"Where are the others Yoshi?"

"They started searching through the sport areas of the castle."

"Then we have to find them, come on!"

I pulled Yoshi's arm and we went to go find the rest of the boys.

But what I forgot was something important.

I forgot the princesses.

Thank you so much for reading!
I hope you're enjoying😆😆