Chapter 5

Luigi POV

Okay so we've been walking around for what seems like hours and there's no sign of Toad or Toadette anywhere. The power went out so we've been using our phone flashlights. And the worst part is we're not even half way through all the sporting arenas! We just finished searching the tennis court and basketball court. Now we're onto the baseball field.

Mario and I go look through the stands while Bowser, Boo, and Koopa checkinh the dug outs. DK lifts up the ice blocks even though we all know there's not going to be anyone under there. And then the knit wits.. Oh god.

Waluigi and Wario are fooling around like they were on the other two courts.

"Okay this time you have to jump off the stands and catch the ball when I throw it up into the air," Waluigi told Wario.

"Ack ack argg," Wario chuckles.

He grabs a mitt from the dug out and makes his way up to the 2nd row of the stands. Slipping on his glove, Wario is ready to lunge.

I put my hand to my forehead. Could they get anymore dumber? I nudge Mario to look up while he's checking the rows. We stare over at Waluigi preparing to toss the ball.

Waluigi brings the ball back and throws it up. Wario then springs up from a chair, catches the ball, and starts to fall to the ground.

Just then he slammed into the ice, making probably the loudest sound I've  ever heard. And I've heard Bowser and Mario play Mario Kart Wii. Not very pleasant to hear them scream at each other.

Mario keeps checking the seats while I take the stairs down to the field.

"What in the world are you idiots doing?" I fold my arms over my chest.

"A game of  flying squirrel ball," Waluigi smirked.

I look down at Wario who is obviously seeing stars by now. He shakily gets up and leans against Waluigi. They both tumble to the icey ground. I shake my head.

"Dude you weigh like 600 pounds," Waluigi tried to push Wario off of him but failed.

"Hey!" Wario punches Waluigi.

"You know I could get you money real fast."

"REALLY??"

"Yup you wanna know what it is?"

"Uh huh, uh huh."

"You can be on the show My 600 Pound Life!" Waluigi bursted into laughter.

Wario gets up from the ground and gives Waluigi a mean glare.

I look over to where Wario fell and there's a giant dent in the ice.

"Dang Wario that dent is huge! That will cost hundreds to repair!" I say.

"Well I'm not paying for it, the ice isn't mine anyway," Wario grunts.

"You expect the princess to pay for your giant crater?"

"I'm stuck here broke while she has money raining down like it's no tomorrow. She can pay for it!"

"Finished checking the seats!" Mario yells while coming down the stairs.