Best Friends

•••••Raquel•••••

I looked at Noah's number and typed it into my phone. While I was typing I looked at the time 3:29. I clicked the call button and held it to my ear. Then it buzzed, saying I had a call. I took it away from my ear and looked at it.

"Avalon!" I exclaimed.

"Raquel?" She sounded like she was crying.

"Avalon what's wrong?" I asked sternly.

"Raquel. I need you to help me" she cried.

"Where are you?" I said while walking out the door with my keys.

"School. It's raining outside and I'm cold" she said with shivering teeth.

"Don't worry Avalon, I'm coming" I was already backing out of my driveway. I  could hear her crying hysterically. "I'm coming"

I drove up and saw her there sitting on the curb crying. How long has she been out here? I ran to her and saw her face.

"What the heck happened?" I said worriedly. "You know what let's get back home and you can tell me"

"Okay" I barely hear her.

•••••Avalon•••••

When I started calling her I was crying. I decided to go outside as soon as she picked up. It was raining, but I didn't really care, I was in too much pain to care. Now I was standing outside when she exclaimed "Avalon!"

"Raquel?" I said through tears.

"Avalon, what's wrong?" She asked sternly.

"Raquel, I need you to help me" I said painfully.

"Where are you?" She asked again.

"School. It's raining outside and I'm cold" I had just realized how cold I was. My clothes were soaked with water.

"Don't worry Avalon, I'm coming" She said something after that, but I couldn't hear.

I started crying even harder. I saw her car drive up, but I couldn't move. She ran over to me. She looked all over my face and yelled, "What the heck happened? You know what? Let's get back home and you can tell me"

"Okay" I whispered. I tried getting up and she grabbed my waist.

"FREAK!" I yelped in pain.

"WHAT?" She asked, I had scared the bejesus out of her.

"My waist!" I cried.

She let go and grabbed my arms instead. We walked to the car and she opened the door for me. I was shaking from crying and from the cold. She got in and we sped away. When we arrived at home she lead me to the sofa, grabbed some blankets, tucked me in, and ran out of the room. I heard the microwave go off. She ran back in, put something on the coffee table, and turned the fire on. She helped me sit up and gave me what was on the coffee table, soup.

"So, will you tell me what happened?" She asked softly.

"Yeah" and I told her. She was quiet at the end.

"Can I see your stomach?" She asked timidly.

"Yeah" I lifted up my shirt to show her. Her eyes went wide and she gasped.

"How long have they been bullying you?" She asked.

"Since fifth grade" I answered ashamed that I didn't tell my best friends. She lifted my chin up.

"Hey, don't be sorry. I want you to know we will always be there for you, to protect you, to comfort you, to take care of you. We love you, Avalon"

"I love you guys too"