Honey

•••••Avalon•••••

After detention I ran out of there. I had to get home and make sure Honey was okay. I unlocked the door and yelled for Raquel.

"Yes?!" She yelled back.

"I'll be there in a minute!" I yelled back. I heard her chuckle. Weirdo. I grabbed a snack and ran upstairs.

"How's Honey?" I saw tears in her eyes "What?" I asked worriedly.

"Well, the bills are pretty expensive, but that's not really a problem"

"I'll call Uncle Levon later" I cut in really quick.

"But, she has something in her stomach. It's pretty big. They're not sure if it's a piece of cloth or what, but they're going to try their best. She has to stay at the vet for the next few days"

"Oh Raquel" I said with tears in my eyes. We hugged and both started sobbing. After about 20 minutes of crying, sobbing, talking, trying to cheer each other up, and hugging I said, "It's Friday you know. Want to go some where, call the girls, or go get ice cream?"

"Let's go to the bowling ally and we can get ice cream too" She suggests.

"Sounds good" I say.

<>

"You completely and utterly crushed me" I said with false astonishment.

"Yes, yes I did" She said standing with fake pride.

"Don't be so proud. I was hungry and had to use it the whole game, but you wouldn't let me go" I said pointing a finger at her.

Anyone who knows me, knows my bowling skills are on such high levels that they fell, and died, never to be seen again. I heard a buzzing noise and looked over at Raquel. She looked at me and took her phone out if her back pocket. She looked at me worriedly.

"It's the vet" she said "Hello?"

"Yes, this is Honey's owner. Is she okay?"

"I'll be right there" with that she grabbed my arm and dragged me out.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We have to go" We were in the car now.

"Why?" I try to ask.

"The vet'll explain" I nodded, still worried.

I'm pretty sure we would have been arrested for the speed Raquel was going, if there was any cops around. The ride was silent and short. When we got there we ran out of the car and into the building.

"We're Honey's owners" She says.

"Okay examine room 3" The lady responds in a calm voice.

"Thanks" Raquel replied while we rushed in.

"Have you explained it to her?" The vet says in her thick African accent, directing to me.

"No, I haven't" She says.

"I will then. The object in her stomach isn't cloth and we won't ever be sure what it exactly is. With it in her stomach, it makes her feel full, so she hasn't eaten in a while. She can't grow up with it in her stomach either. There is really only one option, I'm sorry, sweetheart" She says looking at me in with sympathy in her eyes.

"Okay" I whispered, barely audible "Excuse me?" I ask on the verge of tears.

"Yes, babe?" She asks sympathetically.

"Can we say goodbye first?" I ask.

"Of course, baby" She took us back to the room she was in. She looked awful. She was so skinny. I broke down in tears, I couldn't hold it in any longer. I went over to her fragile body and hugged her gently, putting none of my weight on her.

"Oh, Honey. Nash is going to miss you so much. Along with Raquel, me, and all the other dogs. You were too young. Not even a year. I'm so sorry this happened to you. You'll be in a better place" I said all at once. "With mommy and daddy" I whispered, looking at her in the eyes.

I saw so much pain, so much suffer. Raquel said goodbye and we both hugged. Crying and hugging, more like sobbing. We left the room, still crying, and they did the deed. We cried even harder, if that was possible.

"She's gone" I whispered.