Chapter One

I awoke to the shrieking of my sister Meg, I look at my clock. It's already eleven! I hurry, get out of bed and rush to my closet, it's pretty dull. Some pants, some shirts, and then my work clothes.

As a six I have a job as a live-in maid for a nice family of twos. My younger sister also works here as a maid, she's thirteen, and all she does is play with Miss. Baker's cat, Jingle.

"Emmica! Emmica! Come see what came in the mail!" I sigh. "EMMICIA!!"

I laugh, "I'm a coming Meg!" I put on a pair of my nicer pants and shirts, Miss Baker walks into my small room.

"Something came in the mail for you Emmica." Miss Baker looks at me and smiles, "You might want to go take a look, it could be a good opportunity for you."

I sigh, "Okay, just tell me, What came in the mail?"

Miss Baker laughs, "You'd better go see for yourself." I begin to trudge to the stairs. Miss Baker is a two, she's an actress so she has a really nice home.

When I reach the bottom of the stairwell, Meg is jumping up and down and screaming, yes! yes! yes! "What's up Meg?" I ask.

She shrieks with excitement and shows me a letter. I read the first line, To the house of Waven. I shriek, it's a letter for the selection of Prince Adam.