Chapter Eighteen

It's been a month and a half since in left the palace and Miss Baker refuses to let me do my work. She insists that now that the selection has made me a three, she won't let me work.

She's letting Meg and I stay all my the same. She told us were the daughters she never had.

It's the first Monday in November when a guard appears at the door. "Hello, Miss Emmica Waven I presume?"

"Yup, that's me."

"Your presence has been requested at the palace for Prince Adams choosing of the elite." The guard smiles. "Adam has specifically requested your presence."

"Okay, just let me say goodbye" I smile and hug Miss Baker and Meg goodbye.

The guard drives around a black car, he opens the front passenger door for me and I get in. "Lets go to the airport, I think that theres a private plane waiting for you!"

"Thanks!"

The drive to the airport is slow, there's a good amount of traffic, its near Christmastime and people must be visiting family.

When we reach the airport, the guard pulls into a parking garage and stops the car. He leads me through the airport of bustling people.

We eventually reach the tarmac, and a stewardess takes my bag and puts it in the storage compartment.

As I look up there is a familiar set of Brown eyes looking out of one of the windows, Carter. I beam and run towards the plane.

Carter's gave disappears from the window and he reappears at the door to the plane. He smiles and runs down the stairs and meets me on the tarmac.

He kisses me softly and picks me up and twirls me around. I screech in joy. Carter puts me down, hugs me and his eyes start to water.

"I've missed you so much Emmica."

"I missed you to C." I say fondly.

He leads me to the plane and sits me down across from him at the table on the plane. "I missed you so much, and I regretted letting you go home without saying goodbye. So I had to meet you in Waverly."

I lean across the table and kiss Carter softly, he cups my cheek, I can feel him smile.

We break apart, and I just look into his deep brown eyes. "I love you C, I missed you everyday I was home."

Carter smiles fondly, "I love you too, Emmica."

The plane takes off and I fall asleep for the rest of the flight.