Chapter Eleven

Adams POV

I see C run into the safe room with blood soaking his shirt. "Where have you been?! C, What is wrong?" He has tears running down his face. "HAVE YOU BEEN SHOT?!?!"

He shakes his head, "Emmica took the bullet for me." I run up and take Emmica from his arms. She's so cold, almost like she's already dead.

I bring her over to where the doctor is checking the other selected. Margot cries out when she sees Emmica.

I turn to the doctor, "Please tell me you can save her." I plead. If she doesn't live for me, she can at least live for someone else. I've seen how C looks at Emmica.

I see C on the ground sobbing, father pulls him up from off the ground and mother wraps him in a hug.

C pulls away from mother and walks over to a corner, away from everyone else, leans against the wall and closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

I walk over and sit down next to him, "Its not your fault you know, she did it on her own choice."

He looks up at me, his eyes filled with regret. "It's my fault, I know it is." He puts his head in his hands. "I wasn't paying attention." He pauses, tears still running down his face.

"I'll never forgive myself if she doesn't make it." C mumbles.

"I know that she'll make it. She made it the first time." I say, trying to brighten his spirits. He buffs, "The first time I was there for her. This time, it's my fault Adam. It should have been me!"

He gets up and storms out of the safe room and into the passage way that he came out of.

"C, wait!"

Father comes up behind me and puts a hand on my shoulder, "Carter will be back, son. He just needs time to grieve. He feels responsible for that girl, but she saved him."

Father takes his hand off my shoulder. "Adam, that girl will be trouble for you, just send her home."

My mouth opens with surprise, "Father, Carter would never forgive me!"

"Just send her home, if he truly loves her then he'll pursue her and get her after she leaves."

"Yes father, I guess that is best."

"I knew you'd see reason Adam, that's why you are my heir." I nod.

Can I really send her home because of fathers wishes?

A picture of Jingles at the top!

Please vote! I need to know, should Adam send her home? Please tell me what you want and think!

Thanks!

Danielle