Chapter Fourteen

Carter's POV

Im startled awake by a crash. I down at the floor to see a broken glass with water all over the floor.

I look up and I see Emmica's green eyes, "Emmica?"

She looks around and tries to speak, it comes out more as a raspy cough.

I stand up and sit on the bed beside her, "Shh, don't speak now. You've been in a coma for a week and a half." Her eyes widen with fear. "You're okay Em."

She relaxes as I wrap my arms around her trembling body. "W-where am I? C-cart-ter?"

I smile, "Yeah, it's me. You're in the infirmary. But now that you're awake you're okay." I grin widely.

"W-what h-appened t-to your leg?"

I run a hand through my hair, "After I brought you in in had a nervous breakdown and ran out into the palace, where I got shot by a rebel. The bullet hit a bone in my leg and broke the bone. So now I have this fun cast that I have to walk around in now."

Emmica laughed, "I'm glad you're okay."

Then Adam walked in and saw Emmica, "Oh your awake, good."

Adam turns to me, "Can you leave C?"

I get up off the bed, "Sure, Can you grab my crutches?"

Adam grabs my crutches and hands them to me, "Thanks." I hobble my way out of the room and into the hallway.

I wonder what Adam wants with Emmica?