Chapter Nine

So last night Prince Adam eliminated ten girls! I was so worried I would be one of them. But in the end he eliminated Elia, Madelyn, Krista, Kurstyn, Annabethe, Elisavetta, Caterina, Blaire and Isabelle.

After he eliminated the girls Margot and I squealed in happiness.

I'm still in the competition!

But one problem, I don't love Prince Adam. He's nice and all but he doesn't look at me how he looks at the others. I'm surprised I'm still here.

The morning after the elimination, I awake to the rebel alarms going off, a loud blaring sound that pierces my ears. It's only been five days since the last attack!

I stumble out of my room and into the hallway. I hear someone running up the stairs. I hide behind a giant leafy plant, hoping not to be seen by whoever is coming up the stairs.

The person reaches the top of stairs. I see the hair of Prince Carter. He turns his head looking around. He cries out, "Emmica! Emmica! Where are you?!"

I run out from behind the plant crying, and run into Carter's arms.

"Carter!"

He turns his head, "Emmica!"

He catches me in his arms and kisses me.

I hug him and cry out of fear into his shoulder, his broad strong shoulders. He pulls away and faces me, "I love you Emmica." He pulls me close again. I can hear a gunship fire somewhere in the palace.

"I love you too" I whisper. "We should go get to a safe room." He nods.

I open my eyes and see a grungy man sneaking up behind us. I gasp. The man raises his gun, "Carter! Look out! Behind you!"

Carter turns around just in time to see the man fire his gun. "NO!" I cry out.

I jump in front of Carter, pushing him out of the path out harm, and then everything goes black. The last thing I hear is Carter's fist connect with the rebels face.