Chapter Sixteen

Carter's POV

On my way back to the infirmary I see Adam, looking red-faced and furious. Did Emmica say something? Did Adam say something?

I reach the infirmary to see Emmica sitting in a wheelchair, by the nurses station, tears running down her face. She looks really shooken up.

I walk up to her, "Are you okay Em?" She shakes her head no. "What? What did he do?"

She looks up at me, her green eyes full of tears, "I have to be gone by dinner. He screamed at me, saying he hated me, and then kicked me out."

I bend down in front of her and give Emmica a hug, "Its okay, I'll set this strait." I walk out of the infirmary, a cold look on my face, I briskly walk to Adam's room and knock on the door.

He doesn't answer, I open it and he's not there. I go and check the library, he's not there either.

I walk by the doors to the garden and peer out. There I see him walking by a bench. I open the doors and storm out to him.

He sees me before I reach him, "Carter, let me explain.."

"No, you let me explain. You don't go scream at Emmica after she wakes up from being in a coma for almost three weeks!" I advance and punch him hard in the jaw.

It knocks him off his feet, but he is quick to get up and return the favor. I sharp pain in my jaw as Adams fist connects to my jaw.

Except I don't fall I return his punch with one in Adams gut, he kneels in pain. By now I'm on top of him, pounding on his face, I don't realise what's happening until I'm being pulled off of him by my father.

Adam is unconscious on the ground, but still breathing and fine. He's gonna have a nice bloody face, but he deserves it after what he did to Emmica.

He got what he deserved for being a jerk to her.