Lies 10

*Miranda*

Driving to this lady's place was absolutely exhausting. Especially when it was like....what? Two in the morning? I was so tired, but I forced my droopy eyes to stay open as best I could. Tyler, thankfully, noticed how tired I was about halfway there and offered to drive for me. I pulled over to the side of the road and we switched seats. I looked back to check on Lisa because she had been pretty quiet this whole time there. We all had been quiet. She was staring off into space, one hand on her belly.

"What if it is twins?" she asked, sensing that I was watching her. She was still staring at the back of the driver's seat. "I don't think Jesse and I would be able to handle two kids. One is enough. One is actually more than enough. I mean, what if it IS twins and I tell Jesse and he doesn't want anything to do with the kids? What would I do then? There's no way that I would want my MOTHER to help out because....well, look at her! She's not even a good mother, what would make anyone think that she'd be a good GRANDMOTHER? And my dad? What would my dad say? What's he going to say when he finds out that I'm even pregnant? He would totally hate me! This is all just one big mess, I can't take it anymore!" she sobbed. I quickly and carefully climbed to the backseat and put my arms around her. Pregnant ladies and their hormones.

"Everything's going to be okay," I comforted.

"You don't know that! You don't know that everything's going to be okay!" she said.

"And you don't know that everything's not," I fought. "Look, your dad loves you no matter what. I'm sure that he won't hate you for the simple fact that you're going to be a mom sooner than expected. Jesse loves you, too. He would never leave you even if you were going to have twins. And as for your mom? Well, screw her!" I said. She let out a small laugh and wiped her tears away.

"I'm sure have the male population already has," she said. Tyler chuckled.

"Not me," he said to himself thankfully.

"Thanks Miranda," she said. "Thanks for being a such a great friend."

"No problem," I said proudly.

"And thank you, Tyler," she said.

"Don't mention it," he said. "You're a friend in need and I'm happy to help."

"How much longer until we get there?" Lisa asked.

"About....twenty minutes," I said.

"I just want to speed now," Tyler said. "I gotta get back home before one of my parents wakes up and sees that I'm gone."

"You're parents get up at like three in the morning?" Lisa asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Not....technically. They tend to wake up around that time and they....do whatever and go back to sleep," he answered awkwardly. What was with that? Was there something about his parents that he didn't want to bring up?

"Okay...." Lisa said, looking at me questioningly. I shrugged my shoulders and mouthed 'I don't know' at her. She sighed and sat back in her seat. I looked out my window at all the cars passing by us, the lights coming from the headlights on the road. Suddenly everything seemed to be going by faster and faster by the second and I could hear the freaking car accelerating.

"Tyler, what the hell?!" I said.

"What? I told you I have to get home before my parents find out I'm gone."

"Since when do you-" I started climbing up to the front seat again. "-care if you get in trouble with your parents? Your dad especially?"

"Since always," he lied. I rolled my eyes and looked at the speedometer.