Lies 11

*Jesse*

I didn't wait to start going over to Miranda's house. She sounded like it was urgent and it had something to do with Lisa, so I had to get there fast. I drove pretty fast to her house and she was waiting out in her driveway along with Tyler and Lisa. I got out and went straight to Lisa.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her right away. She nodded slowly.

"Yeah," Lisa said. Miranda gave her a look. I looked between the two of them and then at Tyler. He just shrugged at me and rolled his eyes with his arms folded across his chest. There was....something going on here, wasn't there?

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing," Lisa said quickly, still looking at Miranda. "Nothing's wrong."

"Are you SURE Lisa?" Miranda asked. She seemed to want Lisa to say something that she didn't want to say, but what?

"I'm POSITIVE," Lisa said to her stubbornly. Miranda groaned.

"Fine," she said. "Jesse, Lisa's-"

"Worried about the baby, is all," Lisa interrupted. "I just....I asked Miranda to take me to see a midwife about forty five minutes from here because I just wanted to check on the baby. I was still a little nervous about if it was okay or not from the fall and everything."

"Um....okay," I said slowly. "So what's the big emergency?"

"Oh, you know Miranda," she said. "Always making a big deal out of something."

"Yeah, that's Miranda," I said still not quite believing what she was telling me. She looked around and sighed.

"Well, we better get back inside. Night boys," she said quickly. She dragged Miranda to the front door, leaving me and Tyler out on the driveway. I stared after them.

"What's going on?" I asked Tyler without looking at him.

"I don't know," he said. "I just came over because Miranda asked me to." I looked at him that time. Miranda thought he did something to Trisha. I didn't think that she would call him over when it was dark out. "Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

"Does Miranda think I did anything to Trisha?" Crap! What the hell was he? A mind reader?! I didn't want to get Miranda in trouble with him, so I shook my head.

"No," I said like it was the most ridiculous thing for him to even think that. He looked down at the ground like he knew I was lying.

"It's just something she said earlier," he said.

"What did she say?"

"Just...forget about it. It doesn't matter."

"No, it obviously does if it bothers you this much."

"Just forget I said anything, alright?" he said. I nodded my head reluctantly. "Great." He stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked away.

"Where are you going?"

"Home."

"Do you need a ride or something?"

"No," he said. "I'm good."

"Alright," I said. "See ya later then."

"Yeah. See you," he said. He walked further and further away until he was just a speck in the distance for me. I looked back at Miranda's house and finally hopped in my van to drive home. Tyler was my friend. I couldn't keep on lying to him about what I was thinking about him and Trisha. Then again, Lisa was my girlfriend and I wasn't telling her the truth about my out of town job. I put my head on the steering wheel and let out a loud sigh. Why did life have to suck so much?