Lies 20

*Lisa*

"I think I hate you Miranda," I said to her. Jesse and I were in his trailer and he was in the kitchen right now making us some lunch while I was talking to Miranda on the phone.

"It just slipped out," she almost cried. I closed my eyes and leaned back on the couch.

"I don't know if you've noticed this or not but it always just slips out of your mouth Miranda," I told her. "I thought we could trust you."

"You guys can! I already told you that my mom isn't going to tell anyone."

"You realize that that's not going to fly with Jesse right?"

"Maybe we don't have to tell him," she suggested. I nearly dropped the phone when she said that.

"I'm sorry did you just suggest that I keep this a secret from my boyfriend?"

"Only for a little while until it's been long enough to prove my mom won't tell anyone."

"Don't you think that'd make him even more pissed off? I mean, I'd be pretty damn mad if I found out about this say....three months after it happened," I told her. Who the hell did she think I was? Her? I didn't keep secrets from my boyfriend. Friends were a differents story, but never Jesse. Besides I can't lie to him. He can read me like a freaking book. Miranda sighed out of frustration.

"Yeah you're right," she said. "Ugh, he's going to kill me once he finds out."

"Not if you stay in your house and lock your doors," I said.

"Can you-"

"I can talk to him about it, but I'm not making any promises," I said hesitantly before she finished asking the question. She stayed silent and for a minute I thought she hung up on me or something.

"Thanks," she said before the line went dead. Okay now she hung up on me.

"Who were you talking to?" Jesse asked me as he walked into the living room.

"Um I was talking to Miranda," I began slowly. He eyed me suspiciously.

"Go on," he said.

"She uh....um....let's think of how I'm gonna say this...."

"Lise just spit it out."

"Alright, she told her mom about what we did."

"You and me? She told her mom you're pregnant?"

"What? No, not what YOU and ME did. What we ALL did," I said. He looked confused for a minute, probably thinking I was talking about something dirty, before a look of realization crossed his face and then it turned into a flat out pissed off look.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT BLABBER MOUTH?!" he shouted out. He began pacing the room furiously, running his hands through his hair like a crazy person and muttering to himself.

"Jesse, calm down this is going to be okay-"

"How could this possibly be okay?! She keeps telling people what happened! Who's she going to tell next? The cops?!"

"Look she said her mom wasn't going to tell anyone and I-"

"You what? You believe her?!"

"Jess it's her mom, I really don't think she'd have the heart to turn her own daughter into the police."

"Exactly, her own daughter! She doesn't give a damn about us! If anything she'll turn me, you, and Tyler into the police and make sure Miranda stays out of it!"

"Jesse calm down! You don't know what she's going to do!"

"Yeah I don't know what she's going to do! For all we know, she could be heading over to the police station right now!"