Lies 17

*Lisa*

"So are you planning on talking to Miranda today?" Jesse asked as we pulled into the parking lot of the school the next day. I sighed and thought about it of a minute. Miranda would bring my mood down completely with her Tyler drama, not that I didn't understand the pain she was going through, and I would feel bad that I couldn't do anything to make her feel better. Tyler was her first love and there's just no getting over that, especially when you're the one who got dumped.

"I don't know," I said.

"Well she's right up there by the door," he pointed out. My head snapped in that direction and when I saw her, I stopped walking instantly. "Oh come on."

"I can't go up there."

"Lise-"

"I know it's a crappy thing to do since she's my friend and all, but I don't think that I can handle her mood," I admitted.

"Yeah especially since you've got those raging hormones now," he commented. I punched his shoulder. "OW! See that's what I'm talking about!"

"I didn't need you to bring it up!" I snapped.

"Cranky pregnant lady," he muttered under his breath. I rolled my eyes and continued walking toward the front door. "I thought you didn't want to talk to her."

"I don't and I won't."

"How is that going to work out?"

"It's going to work."

"How?"

"Just watch," I told him. I walked quickly up to the doors and went in, not once looking in her direction. I waited just down the hall for Jesse to keep up, who decided to take his sweet time coming in here. When he finally walked through the doors and caught up to me, we began wandering the school.

"That was a very effective method of not talking to her," he noted with a hint of sarcasm.

"Please, you're just jealous cause you didn't think of it."

"Yes Lisa, that's it," he said with full on sarcasm. I, again, punched his arm to which he responded by wrapping an arm around my waist and dipping me forward so that I had to walk backwards with him. We walked like this for the longest time, until the bell rang actually, despite my constant protests for him to let me stand up straight. He walked me to my first class and finally let me stand up.

"My back is going to be sore now thanks to you, jerk," I said.

"Glad to help," he said with a grin. I rolled my eyes and leaned up to kiss him. He wrapped his arms around my waist while I put mine around his neck. He licked my bottom lip and I happily granted him access to my mouth, leaving the rest of the student body- well whoever walked by- to witness our make out. It wasn't until someone chucked a pen or a pencil at us that we pulled apart.

"No PDA in school!" that person shouted. I could just tell by the tone and pitch of the voice that it was a freshman and that's what made Jesse especially pissed right now. Not only had a....pencil been chucked at him, but it was thrown by a freshman. Jesse HATED freshmen.

"I am SO gonna kill that kid," he said as he started toward him. I grabbed his arm and held him back.

"Jess, calm down please?" I begged. "For me?" He stopped instantly and turned back to me.

"I'm sorry Lise," he said. "You know I'm not used to being nice."

"That I'm very well aware of," I stated. "You have to just try for me, though."

"Eh, fine," he sighed. "I'm going to class before I'm late."

"I see I'm already starting to turn you into a good boy," I said teasingly. He rolled his eyes before pecking my lips once more and leaving for class. I went inside my own classroom and took my regular seat. Tyler walked in not too long after I sat down and sat down in his usual spot close to me. I remember how not too long ago, when school first started, he took that seat just to talk to me all class and be near me. It used to annoy the hell out of me. He kept silent and pretended like he was digging through his backpack for something.