Words can hurt.

I wish you could see how it's so simple.
So simple how hurtful your words can be.
You see my head and my mental illness tell me bad things about myself but it's me saying these things to myself.
But, when someone at school calls me ugly it's somebody else and it hurts in a different way.
Name calling really does hurt.
I remember the day I was told to "kill myself." I remember thinking to myself why would someone say that? They said "nobody would care, nobody would notice." I stood there pale face and mouth unable to move. The black haired, extremely lanky boy snickered while walking away like nothing ever happened. I was left shaking and trembling wondering why? Is that really true? Would anyone care? I began to think why would someone care about a person who can't stand up for them self anyways.
I remember the next day at school I saw that boy again and started walking faster and I went outside thinking I would be safe. He came. He found me. He taunted me saying "what are you afraid of?" "Why wouldn't you just go through with it." You understand , that no one would care if you killed yourself right?" I walked away, I wanted to know why someone would be so low. Didn't his mother teach him better?
I wish you could see how simple it is. The words you say they really do hurt.
I remember not going to school for a day or so.
I was frightened by the way your words hurt me.
Don't you see how simple it is?
The way your words can affect me?
Didn't your mom teach you better?
~E.M.C