Chapter Two

Chapter Two

(Ochihabune begins)

"Kankuro, your new bodyguard is Matsuri. Temari, since you're busy tutoring Shikadai with his upcoming chunnin exams, your kunoichi duties will be halted and you'll be restricted to office duties only. Hakuto will be your assistant." Gaara announced the delegations at the conference meeting as some of the elders whispered among themselves angrily.

"How can he do this?!?"

"He can't just change the elders' decision without consulting us first!!"

"Doesn't he consider the goodwill of our choices?!? Konoha will surely attack us once they have enough information on our weaknesses!"

"Enough!" Gaara bellowed. "That is my final decision!"

The room fell silent as Temari cleared her throat.

"Can Kankuro and I have a word with the Kazekage." she requested firmly as the elders nodded their heads and exited the room.

"What?!?" Gaara snapped as he locked the door.

"Alright Gaara, what's up with the snappy mood?" Temari crossed her arms as Kankuro smirked and leaned himself sideways against the wall.

"You've not been getting some eh since Amaya's pregnant again.." he teased and Gaara's face blushed as his eyes maintained his anger.

"That's not the point Kankuro!"

"Then why are you snapping at the elders? Very soon they're gonna get scared of you and spread to the villagers that Shukaku is gonna make you go mad again." Temari spoke as Gaara sighed.

"Their main intention was for me to get to know Matsuri or Hakuto and choose which one to marry." Gaara told as he sat down on a chair.

"But you know Matsuri well enough already." Kankuro pointed out with a grin as Temari took out the fan she always carry behind her and smacked his head.

"Ouch sis! You don't have to do that!" Kankuro whined, rubbing his head.

"Stop being so dirty minded Kankuro!" Temari scolded before turning to her youngest brother.

"You already have Amaya. Why the..." Temari started as Gaara finished her sentence.

"They don't trust Amaya since she's a Kaguya. Heck they don't even trust my kids! They said since they have Kaguya bloodline running through them, they might go berserk and cause human extinction like what almost happened when the Kaguya clan was thriving in abundance!"

"But that's the thing! Amaya is not like most of the people in her clan!" Temari protested as Gaara massaged his temples, closing his eyes.

"I don't know Temari! I am getting more dark circles and eye bags from lack of sleep due to this problem!"

"Well you assigned them to me and Temari so the problem's done right? Just go home and tell Amaya." Kankuro pointed out as Gaara nodded his head.

"Yea I'll tell her tonight."

*~*

"No, I don't like the idea of them being anywhere near you. Being near your siblings means being near you also." Amaya said clearly as she waddled around the house, cleaning up the living room.

"Amaya, please you're just being difficult here!" Gaara said, annoyed.

Amaya continued cleaning while she spoke again.

"Will you be annoyed if another man who was romantically involved with me, is assigned to guard and work with me." she said, not asked.

Gaara's eyes hardened as he grabbed her arm.