Connect 26: Owning a Talent

V's POV

When I was a kid, I was shit scared whenever Auntie Elena would come and visit my Dad. After my Mom died because of an accident when I was two years old, Dad never dated anyone. After six years of working, I woke up one morning to see a woman in our kitchen making breakfast with my Dad.

She greeted me with a very wide smile and offered me pancakes. I was eight years old when Dad introduced me to my step mom. It was too fast, the last thing I knew, they went on a trip to US and Auntie came back as the new wife of Sevanne Lorenzo II. She is now Elena Cristobal - Lorenzo. My new mother.

I never thought she was vicious and manipulative until I experienced it for myself. She manipulated my Dad to make me go to US when I turned 10. I was already friends with Rap Monster during that time. I stowed away. Rap's parents took care of me. The moment I studied in Coachella, I met the rest of the Bangtan Boys and made a group. The moment I went to highschool, I moved out of Rap's home and decided to rent an apartment. That's why I lived in Manang Ason's apartment now.

I ran away from home because I was shit scared of Auntie Elena... but now I'm not afraid of her anymore... I can face her and her manipulative tricks just to protect my friends... and this one special girl...

Yun nga lang...

"I'm asking you boys who is this clumsy girl you're with? Is she a friend of Sevanne?" tanong ni Auntie sa mga kaibigan ko habang nakaturo siya kay Ellin.

"A-Ah... Auntie! Si Ellinanya Valdez po! A-Ano..."

"Girlfriend ko po," I saw Jhope stepped in and placed his hands on Ellin's shaking shoulders.

Ellin froze in her position but managed to slowly look at Jhope.

"She's quite surprised to know that you're her girlfriend, Jay." Mukhang hindi naniwala si Auntie sa sinabi ni Jhope. Lalapit na sana ako ng nagkamot ng ulo si Jhope.

"Sa totoo po niyan, Auntie... balak ko palang po siyang ligawan. Magiging girlfriend ko na rin naman po siya in the future eh!" and scratched his head while letting out a chuckle.

I can hear everyone saying 'awwee~' with what Jhope just said.

"Well, if that's what you say so..." she walked towards the both of them. She looked at Ellin from head to toe.

And because of this, ngayon ko lang napansin ang itsura niya. A black dress above the knee length. A few pearl accessories and a silver purse. A black high heels. Her cheeks with a little tint and her lips as well. Her hair's perfectly undone curls. She's ravishing. Mukha siyang tao ngayon sa suot niya, but I'd prefer Anya in her pajamas. Nothing beats the morning face Anya.

"She looks very simple. So from what family does your future girlfriend belongs?" tanong ni Auntie.

"Ah-Well..." Jhope wasn't expecting follow up questions.

"I'm sure her family owns something, like an automobile company or a restaurant or advertising. Well?"

Jhope hyung sighed and held Anya's hands. He smiled in front of my Auntie and said, "Her family owns nothing, Auntie. She's a scholar at Coachella, taking up Vocal Major. We're at the same grade level."

Auntie's face glowed and her loud laughter caught the attention of everyone. She finished her wine and walked closer to Anya.

"So you own nothing but yourself? How pathetic. How puny! You even have the audacity to show up in my party and wear these clothes that you cannot even afford? You are pathetic," she gritted her teeth and turned her heel. Everyone stopped and watched.