Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-One

The next few says were the same, morning classes, afternoon reading about dragon wizards then hanging out with Jaden for a little bit. Tela was great help and so was Professor Claudette. Ashely was my escape from everything when she would just go on and on about anything really. Sometimes she was like a breath of fresh air in all this craziness.

Jaden and I brought up her idea to Tela Wednesday morning. Tela was all for it and when I mentioned it to Ashely, she was up for it as well. Guess the whole gang is coming home with me to confront the new cheer captain.

Thursday morning we slept in a little bit but then all got dressed to leave and met in the dining hall. It was a bit weird seeing everyone in normal clothes like this. I was in a dark pink skirt with black converse shoes. My top was just a regular white t-shirt with black print scrawled across it that said "lazy day" in really fancy print. My hair was curled and I felt pretty good about myself.

Tela had on high-waisted dark purple shorts and a black crop top. She was also wearing nice heels that made sure she was super taller than me. Jaden wore black skinny jeans and a light pink ballerina top with long sleeves. On her feet she was sporting the same type of shoes as me. Ashely was in regular jean shorts and a baggy yellow tank top and had black flats on her feet.

When we were all ready to go, Tela and Jaden led us to one of the rooms that you can use to go home. Its covered in portals that can take you anywhere you want to go to and are more convenient than teleporting like Simon had.

The best part, I didn't feel like throwing up at any point in time.

Everyone had to hold onto me because the had no idea where we were going. So I acted kind of like their guide. We were standing in my bed room in no time. It was a little weird because it was messy from me packing up everything, and also a little empty feeling.

"Wow," Tela started but I cut her off.

"Please don't."

She smiled softly and I led them out of my room quietly. I had no idea if my mom was here or not and I was not going to ask one of these girls to magically check for me. That kind of felt like an invasion of privacy.

So we all snuck through the house and discovered my mom was indeed not home, so we just walked out the front door and headed towards the school.

"Where are you going?" A voice asked on our walk to the school. I saw movement out of the corner of my right eye and recognized the voice but not enough for me to to form a proper thought as the person jumped out beside me.

I swung pretty hard and managed to hit him right in the chin, very hard might I add.

"Holy crap," I muttered as I shook my hand around trying to re-gain feeling once again.

Simon screamed pretty loudly then stood up straight with his hand covering his chin, "I never thought you had the nerve to actually punch me."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the girls who were trying very hard to not laugh. "You freaked me out, and I have very fast reflexes. It happens when everything in your life turns out to be very clique all the time."

"Her life is very predictable," Tela smiled at me. "After all, she is the hero in this story. The rest of us are just her sidekicks. We are here for comic relief mostly."

Ashely burst out into laughter and Jaden smiled a little.

I just rolled my eyes and looked back at Simon. " I should have expected this, but what are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious?" He moved around his jaw a little, "I'm following you."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes again because if I kept doing it, by the end of this conversation I'd be looking at the ceiling.