Chapter 13: Rainbow

Krystal woke up to find Amber still sleeping next to her, which was surprising as Amber had snuck out of bed early the last two times they slept together. But this time, Amber's arm was still draped over her waist, and Krystal wondered if the two of them had slept in this position all night. Gently, Krystal rolled over and brushed the hair from Amber's eyes. Her fingertips caressed Amber's cheek, and Krystal trailed her touch down to Amber's soft lips. The older girl stirred slightly, and then slowly opened her eyes. When she saw Krystal looking back at her, Amber's eyes softened instantly and she smiled sleepily.

"It wasn't a dream, was it?"

"That depends," Krystal said, playfully tousling Amber's hair. "What do you think you dreamed about?"

"I dreamed that you told me you loved me?"

Krystal smiled gently, her affection for Amber making her eyes crinkle adorably. "I don't think that was a dream."

"Yeah, I don't think it was a dream either," Amber whispered, reaching over to hug her princess. She placed her head on Krystal's chest and squeezed her tightly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Really, really well," Krystal replied, returning the hug. "You?"

"Better than I've ever slept before."

Amber's phone buzzed on the nightstand, breaking their dream-like morning. Amber rolled away to check the message, relaying the info to Krystal.

"Vic-unnie's asking if you're awake yet. They want to come over and check on you." Krystal nodded and Amber started to type out the response. "She's awake. Come over whenever," Amber texted back.

"I'll get the door," Krystal said, tossing the covers off and starting to put her slippers on.

"Nah, no need," Amber said dismissively. She dropped her phone onto the night stand and tried to pull Krystal back into bed. "They have a key. They can let themselves in."

Krystal smiled and started to let Amber pull her back into bed, but then she froze. "Wait, what? They have their own key?"

Krystal and Amber looked at each other, and then they looked to Amber's perfectly made bed. Without a word, Amber dove out of Krystal's bed and towards her own. She reached out and ripped the covers off her bed, making it look like her bed had been slept in last night. At that exact same moment, the door of their room flew open and a cheerful Victoria and Luna burst in.

"Soojungie! Soo Jung-ah! How are you feeling?" Krystal's unnies showered her with affection as they climbed into her bed and started to baby her. Spoiled princess that she was, Krystal always enjoyed this kind of attention from her unnies. But as Amber still had not moved from her position, which was half on her own bed and half on the floor, and as Krystal was unsure if her unnies had noticed anything odd about their behavior, Krystal was feeling a little uneasy at the moment.

"What are you doing?" Luna finally asked Amber, taking notice of Amber's odd position.

"I think I pulled something getting out of bed," came Amber's muffled reply since her face was buried in the mattress. Luna scooted off Krystal's bed and helped Amber get up. They sat down together on Amber's bed while Victoria fondly hugged Krystal over on Krystal's bed. Amber and Krystal exchanged a quick glance, and the message between them was clear: don't tell Victoria and Luna about last night's confessions.

"So?" Victoria asked eagerly, squeezing the maknae to death. "Did Amber tell you last night?"

Krystal's eyes widened in shock, mistakenly thinking that Victoria was referring to Amber's love confession last night, but Amber quickly responded and came to Krystal's rescue.