Chapter 51: 4 Walls

Krystal held her breath as she stood on the M COUNTDOWN stage and tried to keep her expression steady. f(x) and their three dancer unnies were currently waiting with their heads bent down slightly, just moments away from their first public performance of "Diamond". Dressed in their coordinated outfits of rich purples and blacks, the team of seven women came to life as soon as the music began to play.

The moment that Krystal danced the first steps of the choreography that had been so painstakingly practiced, the moment that their fans exploded with wild cheers for f(x)'s comeback, Krystal's heart was overwhelmed with emotion. Standing along side Victoria, Amber, and Luna as a complete f(x), the stage resonated with their charisma, their passion, and their love.

The setup was perfect; there could be no other way for f(x) to make their comeback after over 15 months of hiatus. "Diamond" was a powerful song filled with admittedly the most arrogant lyrics that f(x) had ever dared to sing. The four members sang about their immeasurable value, about a perfection that others couldn't match. And just like their lyrics proclaimed, f(x) had mustered up the courage to stand in front of the world again. Strong and unbreakable like diamonds, they would shine forever as a team.

Krystal bit back a satisfied smile as they danced and sang their way through "Diamond". From the public-friendly beat to the confident lyrics and down to their most stylish outfits ever, Krystal knew that this was a performance to be proud of. As her members and the dancers parted to expose Krystal at the center of their dance formation and she grinded her hips daringly to the beat, Krystal felt that she was finally home again on stage.

After f(x) completed their "Diamond" performance, the team headed to the dressing rooms to change into their "4 Walls" outfits. Krystal felt like she was bouncing off the walls with excitement and Luna playfully tried to hold her in place with a hug.

"Calm down," Luna laughed. "You're gonna exhaust yourself before we even start the '4 Walls' stage."

"I can't!" Krystal exclaimed, wiggling her way out of Luna's hug only to hug her in return. The older girl smiled and patted the maknae's head. "There's only one chance to perform a song for the first time and I don't want to waste this chance. I'm gonna make sure I remember 'Diamond' and '4 Walls' as well as I remember our debut stage!"

Victoria watched Krystal and Luna with affection as they bounced around the room energetically in each other's arms. As the pair of girls passed by their leader, Victoria reached out and pulled them both into a warm hug. "I want you both to remember this moment and promise to cherish every performance from now on like it's our last performance as f(x). We don't know how many more comebacks we'll have as a team, so make every performance count."

"...are you leaving us, jiejie?" Amber asked worriedly from the corner of the room where she was putting on a black and red sweater for the upcoming performance. Amber pulled the garment over her head and walked over to where her three members were embraced in a hug. "Why are you talking like f(x) is ending?"

The eldest member shook her head at Amber with a kind smile. She gently pulled Amber towards her and began to tighten the red ribbons that ran down the length of the younger girl's sleeve with sisterly affection. "I swear to you Amber, I have no plans to leave f(x) at all whatsoever. I just meant that we shouldn't take anything for granted. Our contract expires next year and it's not guaranteed to get renewed just because the four of us want to be together. Let's make sure that we cherish every moment we have as a family, OK?"

"f(x) forever, right?" Luna asked with a smile. "I'm not going anywhere, and I know you guys aren't going anywhere either." The others agreed wholeheartedly and they joined their fingertips for f(x)'s group cheer. And then, without warning, Luna threw out her arms and pulled her members into a group hug. Krystal smiled, remembering the many times that f(x) had shared a group hug in the past. The maknae reached out as far as she could and wrapped her arms around Victoria and Amber on each side of her, enjoying f(x)'s warmth.