14

Camila's POV:

I woke up with a massive smile on my face. Last night was incredible. I cooked Lauren dinner and we took a walk in the wonderful night. I stretched my arms out, reaching for Lauren. My hand came into contact with the cold sheets. I whipped my head in that direction realizing Lauren wasn't there, neither were her clothes.

"Lo?" I called out. No answer.

"Lauren?" Still no answer.

I leaped up from the bed in panic, picking up my clothes from the floor and quickly slipping them on. I charged towards my bedroom door and left my house in a hurry. I peered at my surroundings once I got outside. I heard a faint voice in the distance. I followed the muffled noise, trying to figure out where it was coming from. It lead me around the side of my house, Lauren was stood there with her back to me. What was she doing?

"What do you mean 'you don't have it'?" She whisper-yelled down the phone. What was going on? Who was on the phone?

I stood, hiding myself the best I could and not making a sound, hoping I wouldn't get caught.

"You do know how much I need that, don't you?" She growled angrily. I was becoming even more confused.

"I swear to god, if you don't meet me later on today, you'll get more than a split lip, got it?" She spat down the line.

"Okay. Bye Zayn." She said more calmly before hanging up. Zayn? Who's Zayn? Why are they meeting? What's happening?

I continued to look at Lauren as she let out a stressed sigh before leaning back against the wall of my house, her eyes shut. Not soon after, she pulled out her box of cigarettes and placed one between her plump lips, lighting it almost desperately. I continued to stare as she slowly took a drag, watching the smoke escape into the air.

I started coughing due to the smoke and Lauren's head whipped around in every direction, trying to find out who was there. I quickly turned on my heel and sprinted back into the house like there was no tomorrow. I ran up the stairs and sat on my bad, acting oblivious.

Lauren not soon after came storming in, her face paler than I thought possible.

"Are you okay?" I asked, worried. She stood in front of me in her usual black attire, looking down at me.

"Y-yeah." She faked a smile.

"Laur, you know you can tell me anything, right?" I said calmly as her eyes met mine.

"W-what makes you think that I don't?" She panicked.

"I don't think anything, Lauren. I just feel like you don't open up to me." I admitted quietly.

"I've had enough of this!" Lauren yelled, making me both scared and surprised by her outburst.

"Lauren! Come back!" I yelled as she scoffed, slamming the door.

I watched her leave through my window, with a pained look on my face. Everything was going so well.

Lauren's POV:

I stormed out of the Cabello household and zoomed away to my home; the forest.

"You showed up." I stated looking at the familiar shadow.

"That, I did." Zayn smirked, revealing himself in the moonlight.

"So, did you get it?" I asked impatiently as Zayn nodded.

"Good." Was all I said as I zoomed close to him, taking what I had asked for out of his hands.

"What do I get in return?" Zayn smirked as I scoffed.

"Me not killing you is your reward." I winked as Zayn growled.

Zayn and I had always been friends and business partners in the forest. Zayn was also a vampire. Him and I were the rulers of the forest and we could only ever trust each other.

"I have to go, but thank you, Malik." I hugged him as he smiled.

"Anytime, Jauregui." He smirked before zooming away further into the forest as I zoomed away in the other direction, a satisfied smile on my face.